Generac Power Systems
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People
The Data Scientist
will analyze and interpret complex data sets to provide insights and recommendations that will help optimize the business groups sales strategies and improve overall performance. This includes developing predictive models, identifying key performance indicators, and utilizing statistical and machine learning techniques to uncover patterns and trends in the data. The Data Scientist will work closely with the sales team to understand their needs and provide data-driven solutions that will drive revenue growth, increase customer retention, and improve operational efficiency.
Additionally, the Data Scientist may be responsible for designing and implementing data infrastructure and systems that will support the team's ongoing analysis and reporting needs.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business problems and develop solutions that leverage data analytics
- Work with Microsoft Azure to develop and deploy scalable machine learning solutions
- Analyze large and complex data sets using SQL to identify trends, patterns, and insights that inform decision-making
- Develop predictive models using statistical and machine learning techniques to forecast demand, optimize inventory, and improve production efficiency
- Develop and maintain data visualizations and dashboards using Power BI that communicate insights to key stakeholders
- Use data to identify opportunities for process improvements and cost reductions
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and advancements in data analytics to continuously improve our approach to data-driven decision-making
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist or similar role; preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python or R
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
- Ability to communicate complex findings to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with SCL and data visualization tools such as Power BI
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure for developing and deploying machine learning solutions
Great Reasons To Work For Generac
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day – Labor Day)
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days.
- 'Dress for your day' dress policy - this includes jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs – Rent equipment for up to 4 days for free!
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”