R&D Machine Learning Engineer / Data Scientist
This position will be located in Auburn Hills, MI.
Nexteer Research and Development applies Nexteer’s motion control expertise to innovate next-generation products for both automotive and non-automotive applications. We have launched an exciting new initiative to develop software product offerings that leverage our expertise in steering, chassis, and vehicles. We are looking for a data scientist / machine learning engineer to support this initiative.
In this role, you will enable the development of innovative automotive software functions that utilize vehicle and chassis data together with machine learning to provide useful information to the driver and the vehicle manufacturer. You will collect and process data, apply data mining and statistical analysis, and build predictive models.
- Apply machine learning to develop cloud and vehicle based predictive models for areas ranging from vehicle health management to external environment sensing
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Evaluate and recommend multiple approaches ranging from artificial neural networks to support vector machines and regression trees
- Work in a team environment with other machine learning and data engineers
- Train and share machine learning knowledge throughout the Nexteer engineering organization
- Present model outputs in a clear and concise manner
- Provide recommendations to improve model effectiveness
- Stay abreast of latest developments in machine learning
- Support Intellectual Property activities and generate Records of Invention to facilitate patent applications
- Experience with design, optimization, training, and validation of artificial neural networks
- Expert with off-the-shelf ANN frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe or CNTK
- Excellent understanding of machine learning algorithms and applied statistics, i.e. k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision trees, ensemble models, linear & logistic regressions, distributions
- Proficiency in common programming languages i.e. Python, R
- Experience with machine learning development platforms such as Azure Studio and SageMaker
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, LabVIEW or similar scientific computation platforms
- Familiarity with modern hyperscale ML pipelines including Kubernetes, Spark, DASK, Docker
- Automotive industry or other vehicle experience preferred
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, startup-type environment
- Innovative, self-starter and entrepreneurial
PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or Data Science
Willing to consider candidates with a Masters degree and 2 years of industry experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-989-757-5000
. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.