Homesite is an innovative national property and casualty insurance company with a fast-paced environment. We're proud to be part of the American Family Mutual Insurance Company and offer multiple products in partnership with large national brands. We seek a person possessing analytical rigor, a sense of data and mad coding skills with a desire to build a successful career in Data Science. The primary role will be to grow profits through the development of state of the art pricing and product plans.
Compensation Minimum:$76,100 Annual
Compensation Maximum:$126,000 AnnualCompensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead predictive modeling projects involving new rating structures, recommenders and underwriting programs that increase our customer lifetime value.
- Use statistical and machine learning/deep learning to build supervised, semi-supervised and unsupervised models per business needs.
- Work with fellow data scientists and developer teams to translate models to business solutions and collaborate with other departments in the company when necessary.
- Work with IT to help implement the models in production.
- Interface with stakeholders to communicate the value add of the models being built.
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative discipline.
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning and Statistical methods.
- Ability to extract and clean data from a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Solid understanding of best practices in coding, code organization, data transformation, imputation, model selection, evaluation, and tuning.
- Prior experience with GLMs and Bayesian modeling is a plus.
- Experience with AWS (SageMaker) and exposure to deep learning is preferred.
- Proficiency in programming in Python, R and SQL. Knowledge of Go, Java or Scala is a plus.
- Knowledge of one version control system, preferably Git is required.
- Mastery of the command line is good to have.
- Prior experience with H2O and DataRobot is a plus.
We provide benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, 9 paid holidays and a paid time off program (23 days accrued annually for full-time employees). In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Insurance Group benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination, non-harassment and equal opportunity. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.