Are you a self-starter who loves working collaboratively, problem solving and making a difference to health data research and innovation? Do you get really excited by BIG data, innovative data engineering and the potential to deliver and catalyse new research into pragmatic solutions for better health outcomes? Do you love working with clients to deliver projects? Would you like to work part-time or full-time to accommodate your work-life balance and/or any caring responsibilities you may have? Would you welcome a competitive salary, including staff benefits such as a 21.1% employer contribution to your pension? If so, you could be working within the Health Informatics Centre team (HIC - https://www.dundee.ac.uk/hic/) at the University of Dundee.
This is a fixed term post in the first instance but may be extended subject to funding.
HIC are looking to recruit a client facing Data Engineer to work in the Data team who maintain and operate a clinical e-data repository; containing over 30 years of medical histories for nearly 20% of the Scottish population.
This is a fixed term post with current funding end date 24 June 2024.
Your priorities will include:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, site visits, use cases, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Design and implement reports and dashboards, ideally in PowerBI.
- Support the team to improve data quality.
- Work with the team to design workflows and then implement in Jira.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and ensure delivery of the appropriate product.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience of working with clients to elucidate requirements and independently design technical solutions to meet the requirements including communicating technical processes
- Experience in cleaning, processing, managing and manipulating of datasets
- Project management
For further information about this position please contact Mr Chris Hall at email@example.com. To find out more about HIC please visit https://www.dundee.ac.uk/hic/.
At the University we benefit from having access to a range of personal and professional development courses and training opportunities. We enjoy 39 days annual leave per year, and are supported by a range of Work Life Balance policies, staff support networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Charter and Stonewall as well as a full range of disability services which all create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work. It is the diversity of our staff and students that make the University of Dundee an enjoyable place to work.