As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.Your Role and Responsibilities
As a SAP Functional Data Analyst - RTR you will:
- Have implementation experience in SAP with the experience in the Modules like Record to Report(RTR).
- Participate in the sophisticated design build sessions, depending on if the project is for an Implementation, Upgrade, Support, Data Migration, and lead the workshops for the Client so they can be involved on what SAP can offer to comply with their needs. Provide support to other projects within IBM when needed.
- Participate in the Data Mapping sessions by identifying the objects to be loaded. By doing this, the correct migration method can be selected. Based on the load method, build the Data Mapping templates for the Data Migration. This will help as a bridge between the Data teams involved and the Process and Business teams to fill in the required information.
- Build the test cases for the Data Migration, Run the test cases to ensure the functionality is met.
- Lead workshops, Co-ordinate with developers for the both ET development and Load Program development.
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge, LA center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs. Travel expectations are approximately 50%. No remote opportunities exist. Join a leader. Consult with us. Help build a smarter planet along the way.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years experience in SAP Finance (Record to Report)Consultant
- SAP Ascendant Methodology expertise
- Experience designing conversion specifications
- Must have strong communication skills that allow you to work with both functional and offshore development teams
- Experience posting/debugging IDOCs, building, testing and debugging BDC programs, BAPI/Functional Modules, and Batch Input/LSMW is also necessary
About Business Unit
- Experience in complex SAP environments supporting multiple components
- Experience in Sol Man
- SAP Certifications
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.