USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Home Worker - GBRPosted Date:
May 6 2022
Are you looking for an opportunity to level up your Digital Data and Analytics skills? GSK Pharma R&D is seeking innovative leaders to help improve the global clinical supply chain through advanced data analytics. These individuals will apply their technical and leadership skills to improve overall clinical supply chain delivery performance to patients, identify opportunities to eliminate waste, and identify hidden risks in the supply chain. They will also need to lead and educate business users on data analytics best practice to drive performance improvement. As Data Scientist with a focus on visualization, you will focus on business analytics and BI dashboard development.
The role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Support automated data extractions and intermediate data transformations
- Maintain, report and assist in optimization of KPI Dashboards to external stakeholders
- Make technical changes to existing BI systems in order to enhance their working, including efficiencies in ETL processes.
- Collaborate with clinical supply chain teams to create charts and document data with algorithms, parameters, models, and relations explanations
- Prepare, clean and integrate disparate data sources and execute exploratory data analysis methods to produce insights that uncover opportunities to optimize the supply chain
- Convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide the timeline to accomplish tasks using Agile methods.
- Build strong relationships with key functional stakeholders
- Effectively work with IT professionals to deliver industrialized data science solutions
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 2-4+ years’ experience as a data scientist, data analyst or BI developer in an industrial environment
- BSc – from an accredited institution in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Natural Sciences, Engineering or related quantitative discipline
- Experience supporting analytics projects and familiarity with tasks such as scoping, designing, modelling, visualizing data and explaining outputs with teams.
- Experience in developing BI data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc.) for external stakeholders
- Experience compiling, integrating, and analyzing datasets from multiple sources to answer business questions using query languages such as SQL, Oracle, etc. and programming languages like Python (preferred) or R.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong client management skills. Empathetic to customer needs and can develop good relationships across teams.
- Demonstrated ability to make complex data understandable and accessible to a non-technical audience.
- Domain experience in clinical operations, supply chain or related disciplines (e.g. Industrial Engineering)
- Experience in Azure and Cloud based infrastructure (e.g. Databricks, Azure Data Factory)
- Knowledge in UI/UX and visual design principles
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.