Distinguished Engineer - AI/Machine Learning-200011298At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.U.S. Bank is looking for an Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) Distinguished Engineer to join the Innovation team, supporting some of the largest initiatives in our company. The AI/ML Distinguished Engineer is a hands-on role that will be primarily responsible for execution and delivery of exploratory concepts, rapid prototypes, and pilot solutions designed to test hypotheses and incubate transformative new AI/ML Distinguished Engineer will provide solutions to large-scale problems, from ideation through delivery to production, and will bridge the gap between software developers and research/data scientists.
This role will work within the fast-paced Chief Digital Office/Innovation team, which strives for excellence in all phases of execution and lifecycle management. The ideal candidate will have the right attitude and an imaginative mind set, is creative, and has extensive experience with AI/ML solution delivery within industry. The individual will be comfortable working in an innovation-focused environment – in particular, evaluating emerging trends and technologies to assess their feasibility and viability and functioning effectively in a fail-fast environment. The position relies on the individual to be a self-starter and a quick learner, to have a futurist mindset, and to be able to innovate and report on tasks and status proactively.
- Implements AI/ML solutions through the entire development lifecycle, e.g. rapid prototype, design, build, assemble, test, and pilot.
- Designs, develops, and delivers code to implement AI/ML algorithms for experimentation and eventual adaption within the enterprise.
- Documents and articulates AI/ML solution code design and lessons learned for each exploration and accelerated incubation.
- Collaborates with other organizations within the company to define the optimal AI/ML solution deployment architecture and hosting environment.
- Encourages new transformative thinking and trail blazing, and facilitates imagination and ideation sessions.
- Collaborates with other organizations within the company to identify and flesh out new growth opportunities using AI/ML technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of technology landscape and emerging developments.
- Works with various Product and Enterprise teams to optimize customer and user experiences.
- Employs practical approach to data access and management and eventual platform integration of AI/ML solutions.
- Ph.D. in a STEM field (e.g., Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, or related quantitative/technical fields) and at least 2 years of experience in AI/ML solution development and deployment OR a Master’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience.
- Strongly Preferred: extensive previous experience in AI/ML solution development in either Conversational AI/NLP or cybersecurity threat detection.
- Advanced working knowledge and extensive experience with programming and software design fundamentals, e.g. object oriented and functional design principles, best practices, etc.
- Extensive experience in developing within cloud-based environments (e.g. Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure), with emphasis on GPU-enabled computing.
- Extensive experience delivering and maintaining AI/ML solutions in production using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools (e.g. Jenkins, Kubernetes, GitHub, JIRA/Bitbucket/Bamboo, Artifactory, DataDog) and best practices.
- Experience with Python programming environment or equivalent (e.g. R, Scala) and related open-source technologies such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Deeplearning4j, etc.
- Experience with API’s or software packages for computer vision, deep learning, voice/speech recognition, and/or NLP, e.g. OpenCV, Gensim, BERT, SpaCy, NLTK, etc.
- Experience with multiple methods of batch and real-time streaming data access in both development and production environments, e.g. Postgres, MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, RESTful API’s, GraphQL, etc.
- Experience delivering communications in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes.
Job Information TechnologyPrimary Location Minnesota-MN-MinneapolisOther Locations New York-NY-New York, Georgia-GA-Atlanta, CA-CA-San FranciscoShift 1st - DaytimeAverage Hours Per Week 40