Data Scientist (m/f/d) *
for the Data & Analytics Division (DAA) – Artificial Intelligence
Munich , Germany
The Artificial Intelligence group in DAA leverages state-of-the-art machine-learning technologies to shape the future of the insurance industry. The data can be internal, external, structured or unstructured. Our mission includes improving underwriting (risk assessment and pricing), claims management decisions, and offering new services and business models through data-driven methods. Our focus areas span a wide range of applications, including automated information extraction, risk model improvements, remote sensing and insurance of algorithms. Our department cooperates closely with Data Engineering, IT, business units, and the Innoscouts. We offer you the chance to apply the latest machine-learning and deep-learning methods to the insurance space within a highly motivated team of experts. As the world’s largest reinsurer, we can provide an extremely diverse and exciting set of business opportunities and data sets for you to work on. We offer unparalleled development opportunities in a fast-developing field within a leading quantitative organisation.
We are looking for a creative thinker to drive the application of natural language processing (NLP), computer vision and machine-learning (ML) algorithms and statistical procedures to solve a range of exciting challenges in the insurance space.
- Working on and leading projects that enable business units to generate more and better business (quantitative and qualitative aspects) using NLP, ML and statistics
- Developing and implementing machine-learning solutions, from prototype to production
- Supporting and advising business units in applying the latest methods and providing a central source for specialised data analysis and for modelling know-how, tools and methods
- Presenting your findings and the systems developed to internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying and assessing the potential of statistical, ML and NLP innovations and technologies that could offer potential competitive advantages in the insurance space
- Networking with existing quantitative units in the reporting and analysis fields, and with IT to create an AI community
- University degree (master’s and above) in a quantitative field with a solid understanding of probabilities, statistics and machine learning
- Experience as a project manager including modern software development planning tools (Scrum & agile methodologies)
- Strong understanding of novel machine-learning techniques (deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing) including their potential, limitations and development lifecycle
- Readiness to embrace innovation; forward-looking, Group-wide manner of thinking and action; pronounced service focus; ability to work in a team; and a very high level of commitment
- High level of accountability, capability to deal with uncertainty and execute in an ambiguous environment
- Experience in the insurance, risk management or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience with solution architecture including the design and development of cloud-based machine learning services is a plus
- Hands-on programming experience (Python, Java, C, C++ or any OOP language) and cloud technologies (Azure, AWS) is a plus
- Very good command of English and a willingness to travel. Good command of German is a plus
As the world's leading reinsurance company with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into a manageable risk we enable fundamental change. Join us working on topics today that will concern society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, medical risk assessment or even space travel. Together we embrace a culture where multiskilled teams dare to think big. We create the new and the different for our clients and cultivate innovation. Sounds like you? Make it happen and be part of Munich Re.
- You will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modeled. We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction. We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
- You are going to experience that we care & dare: We are empathetic. We know when to lead and know when to let others lead. We attract, grow and coach future leaders
- We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit. We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn
- You will grow with your clients: Whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients. We embrace new ways of working leveraging digitalization to deliver solutions
- Join us, and experience that we lead the We: We have a passion for winning and growing as a team. We inspire people to be capable of joint performance. We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged
Ann-Kathrin Hinz Da Costa
Apply now! Apply for this Job!