Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Instagram Stories product is at the heart of Instagram and continues to be a main reason people love our app. We have recently combined the product team focused on creation with the product team focused on consumption and now need to rethink how we develop products. While we have multiple sub-teams going after specific product areas within Stories, we’re looking for a Data Scientist who is willing to stay broad. We are looking for someone who can work across Stories and jump into any problem area and drive clarity and cohesion. This person will be tackling highly ambiguous problem spaces and taking on projects that are cross-functional and strategic, by nature.
- Develop a framework to understand impact to both producers and consumers of Instagram Stories
- Set north star metric goals for Instagram Stories
- Present results and recommendations to Instagram leadership
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product
- Define problems and opportunities in a complex or ambiguous area
- MS, PhD or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience working in the analytics field
- Experience in querying and manipulating raw datasets for analysis
- Understanding of statistics (hypothesis testing, regressions, etc.)
- Experience working independently
- Communicator experience explaining technical concepts and analysis implications to varied audiences and can translate business objectives into actionable analysis
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.