OMERS Products and Technology is looking for Data Analyst passionate about all sides of data analytics and eager to build a data visualizations for our pension Data Engineering team. The individual should be extremely motivated and want to constantly learn and apply new technologies. In this role, the qualified candidate is expected to drive actionable insights.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for
- Interpreting data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide regular, timely, accurate reports and dashboards
- Gathering business requirements and documentation following Agile Practices
- Work with Product Managers and Stakeholders to prioritize business data needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Enable business users to bring data-driven insights into their business decisions through reports and dashboards
- Understand and communicate complex business concerns and solutions in clear and concise manner
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and clean data as part of each development initiative
- Develop Power BI semantic models, dashboards and reports
To succeed in this role, you have
- Must have 5+ years of Hands on experience with Data Modeling, Power BI desktop, Power Query, Azure Data Factory and Azure SQL Server
- Must have experience working with one or more programming, scripting, and analytical languages such as DAX, MDX, T-SQL, Python, PowerShell
- Must have experience building semantic data modeling and publish datasets accordingly
- Understanding row level, object level security rules and roles in projects and workspaces is an asset.
- Experience working with Power BI external tools such as Tabular Editor, DAX studio and Vertipaq Analyzer is an asset.
- Good Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts
- Ability to design and build reports, dashboards, data visualizations and analytics using Power BI
- Ability to write complex queries using SQL.
- Proven Hands on experience with Azure DevOps deployment Pipelines.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Data Governance and Security Measures.
- Experience with SSIS is an asset
- Good hands on experience working with streaming data.
- Have experience in Analyzing the BI needs, interpreting business user requirements and translating them into reports.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and visualize the data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in an agile environment
- A team player and motivated self-starter
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $121 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2021. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe – serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.Vaccination Policy
At OMERS and Oxford the office or worksite is our primary place of work. We are committed to providing work environments which promote the health, safety and well-being of all employees in accordance with public health regulation and guidance. Accordingly, employees are required to provide evidence of full vaccination or have an approved exemption.