This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Data Technology & Operations team.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the Development Team within Data Technology & operations, you’ll help deliver technical solutions that will meet the business requirements of our stakeholders. This will entail analysing, developing, testing and deploying the appropriate solution through the development lifecycle.
– Produce deliverables that follow the development standards and principles, on time.
– Produce a detailed breakdown of development tasks on projects
– Adhere to the end to end change process and raise appropriate paperwork in a timely manner
– Supporting formal change management processes, in conjunction with the development manager
– Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input.
– Assist with the mentoring of associate developers and colleagues during the project lifecycle
– Help drive data architecture and solution data modelling decisions by demonstrating a working understanding of the underlying data requirements, source systems and target business areas
– Support the capture and management of functional and non-functional system requirements according to agreed standards and principles
– In depth understanding of large scale data, such as data warehouses and their best practice and principles of managing them
– Experience of integration projects on large-scale environments
– Experience of ETL technical design, development and support
– Excellent SQL skills
– Background and proven knowledge of dimensional modelling
– Experience in an ETL tool-preferably Ab Initio or Informatica but not essential.
– Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and has a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
– Comfortable managing the demands of many priorities and conflicting requests
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better