Who We Are
Verily is a subsidiary of Alphabet
that is using a data-driven approach to change the way people manage their health and the way healthcare is delivered. Launched from Google X in 2015, our purpose is to bring the promise of precision health to everyone, every day. We are focused on generating and activating data from a variety of sources, including clinical, social, behavioral and the real world, to arrive at the best solutions for a person based on a comprehensive view of the evidence. Our unique expertise and capabilities in technology, data science and healthcare enable the entire healthcare ecosystem to drive better health outcomes.
We are looking for a hands-on EHR data scientist to help build differentiated tools to extract phenotypes and insights from large and distributed EHR data-sets.
The ideal candidate will have strong domain knowledge and prior experience working with structured and unstructured EHR data, solid knowledge of statistical methods, programming proficiency and clinical concept extraction and NLP experience. You will ideally also have clinical trials, real world evidence and EHR industry exposure. You will work with a diverse cross functional team to build reusable and scalable analysis tools and to deliver products that unlock information from unstructured data in electronic health records (EHRs).
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, biomedical informatics, computer science, applied mathematics, or similar), or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated industry or academic experience applying NLP and related analysis methods to structured and unstructured EHR data.
- Strong proficiency in Python.
- Advanced machine learning (supervised and unsupervised methods) and exploratory/statistical data analysis competency (such as linear models, multivariate analysis and predictive modeling). Experience extracting and cleaning data sets.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, biomedical engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or similar), or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated clinical trials domain experience with analysis methods for structured and unstructured EHR data, real-world evidence and NLP.
- Demonstrated experience with applying statistical modeling, machine learning and exploratory data analysis to very large datasets.
- Demonstrated prior management experience and strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminologies and ontologies.
- Familiarity with software engineering practices and experience developing production software.
- Experience working closely with pharma partners and clinical subject matter experts.
Why Join Us
Build What’s Vital.
At Verily, you are a part of something bigger. We are a diverse team of builders innovating at the intersection of health and technology—united by a shared spirit of curiosity, resilience and determination to make better health possible for all. This builder mindset means your fingerprints will be on the work that shapes the future of health.
Fulfilling our precision health purpose starts with the health of our Veeps, which is why we offer flexibility, resources, and competitive benefits to support you in your whole-person well being.
Our culture reflects the behaviors that stem from living our values every day in how we Innovate Healthcare and Technology, Gain Velocity as One Verily, and Respect Individuals. As One Verily, we uphold our collective accountability to sustain this culture and to create a VIBE (Verily’s Culture of Inclusion, Belonging, and Equitability) where all Veeps feel included, a sense of belonging, and have opportunities to grow.
If this sounds exciting to you, we would love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture on our LinkedIn Company Page and Verily Careers page.