We're looking for a Senior Data Analyst for our client, a startup company in Silicon Valley, to spearhead analyses and provide meaningful insights into our users and product. The Data Analyst will leverage data on our users to build dashboards, answer key business questions, and tell compelling stories. This person will conduct in-depth analyses of our data, report on key metrics, and provide recommendations that will have a direct impact in shaping future product development and company initiatives. The ideal candidate is an intelligent, sharp, detail-oriented, and highly quantitative individual who loves working with and analyzing data.
Duration: Contract to Hire
Work Location: This is a fully remote position.
- Be constantly curious and continue to pursue in-depth explorations of our datasets.
Support the internal Business Intelligence product with regards to new data and new reporting
- Leverage new techniques to investigate our data and incorporate external information to boost our knowledge of this market
- Communicate complicated data findings in a clear and concise manner to our multi-disciplined teams
- Collaborate with stakeholders including product, marketing, finance etc. on initiatives that improve our company-level KPIs and match our business priorities.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to uncover new business opportunities and better understand the levers of the business.
- Ad-hoc analysis to address urgent high impact analysis for business stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in any field which requires logical creative thinking. STEM majors and MS degree preferred.
- 4+ years of industry quantitative analyses experience to build data-driven products for solving business problems.
- Experience with Risk Management
- Familiarity with Product Analytics - understanding and tracking customer and user behavior using lenses like adoption, churn, cohorts and funnel analysis.
- Experience collaborating with and understanding the needs of stakeholders from a variety of business functions, including product, marketing, finance and so on.
- Proficient in SQL and/or other data query languages. Experience of handling large scale data with efficiency. Familiar with Python is a plus.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous development of the back-end management of a Business Intelligence tool (i.e. Tableau, Looker, Mode, or Periscope)
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech preferred
- Previous work on evaluating product iterations or experiments
FocusKPI Hiring Team
Founded in 2010, FocusKPI, Inc. (FocusKPI) is a data science and technology firm specializing in predictive analytics practice and methodologies. FocusKPI is a US company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with an East Coast office in Waltham, Massachusetts.