At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
What you need to know about the role: Our Marketing Analytics transformation is in full swing. We embarked on a path of transforming and building a world-class Marketing Analytics Org recently. Our team helps to power PayPal’s high-growth Marketing organization by delivering actionable insights and business intelligence for our 200+ million customers. In this role, you will lead a workstream for complex, ambiguous and high-visibility business challenges. You will set and execute a vision that reflects your deep analytical expertise. You will be a thought partner to Marketing leadership teams. Meet our Team: You will partner with these teams to understand the insights they require to manage and grow their business and leverage cross-functional teams to develop and land solutions that meet their needs at scale. You are deeply curious and persistent in learning about our products and go-to-market strategy. You will have exposure and visibility to PayPal Sales, Product, Finance & Market Insights teams, as you work with them to create a holistic solution to Marketing problems. We are a team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, and client-focused members. If you are a fast learner, are willing to learn and grow, have a can-do attitude, and want to solve problems in the most pragmatic way. You are curious and inquisitive: love digging into data and uncovering insights. You are hyper-analytical and intellectually honest, truly believing in data-driven decisions and communicating your ideas through storytelling. You are passionate about designing and analyzing experiments with statistical rigour. You are a highly motivated, result-oriented self-starter, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and can deliver successful results with minimal guidance. You are a fun-loving, adventurous team player; we would like to talk with you.
Your way to impact
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing data-driven insights including but not limited to Business casing, Experiment Design, Modelling, Campaign Performance readouts and optimisation.
- The Manager will also be responsible for delivering accurate, action-driving recommendations to drive business performance and investment optimisation. This is an Individual contributor role.
Your day to day:
- Manage multiple analytical projects at a time, in a fast-paced, intense, and results-oriented environment
- Influence stakeholders to make business decisions in alignment with global measurement approaches
Your day to day:
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, data science or management consulting or equivalent analytical and project management experience
- Accomplished Contributor, with experience managing high-performing Data Scientists and Quantitative Analysts
- Experience working within and driving strategy for large, global, complex organizations across multiple stakeholders and teams
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with a strong ability to drive towards action and impact
- Knowledge of how tracking and measurement work in paid media is a strong plus
- Experience in managing analytics projects from inception to delivery, including developing structured solutions
- Experience with data modelling and causal inference methods such as synthetic control and marketing mix modelling
- Hands-on experience with Python, SQL & BigQuery
- Experience explaining technical concepts and analysis implications to varied audiences and translating business objectives into analyses.
- We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0105469