Data ScientistThe Programme and Project Partners (PPP) model was mobilised in 2019 with the purpose of transforming major project delivery at the Sellafield nuclear site.
The partnership brings together KBR, Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure, Altrad Babcock and Sellafield Ltd to deliver a 20-year pipeline of major infrastructure projects to support the decommissioning of Sellafield and to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
In delivering its pipeline of large-scale infrastructure projects, PPP is creating opportunities for its people, supply chain, economy and communities.
KBR’s rapidly growing nuclear team of teams is working at the forefront of the UK’s nuclear space on some of the most exciting new-build, defence and decommissioning programmes.
KBR was recently named a “Great Place to Work-Certified” company in 2023, an honour that underscores the company’s commitment to being a UK employer of choice for people who want to do work that matters.
Due to the nature of our work and security requirements, KBR does not offer sponsorship. We can only consider applicants with the right to live and work in the United Kingdom
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and strive to build a workforce that truly reflects the communities we represent. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. If you decide to apply for an opportunity with us, your application will be assessed based purely on your experience, the essential and desirable criteria, and your suitability for the role.
The Data Scientist will work closely with cross-functional teams to analyse large and complex datasets, extract valuable insights and drive data-driven decision making. Responsible for designing and implementing advanced statistical models and algorithms, as well as developing robust data-driven solutions to address business challenges. Experience in data analysis, machine learning and predictive modelling will be crucial in optimising and improving customer experiences and identifying new opportunities.Main duties include:
- Experience of:
- Development with Microsoft Visual Studio IDE and browser versions
- Developing solutions within agile delivery projects.
- Sprint backlog ratification.
- Data mapping of API interfaces as an enterprise
- Rapid prototyping and deployment.
- Design and delivery of security accredited solutions.
- Experience in:REST API development using an Enterprise Integration Hub likely to be Azure Integration Services using C# and ISS Web Servers
- REST API modelling including Swagger
- Rest API management and monitoring
- Delivery with agile methods, such as SCRUM
- At least three years’ experience as a data scientist of solutions within a secure environment
- Experience in use of industry standard methods for documenting and controlling the configuration of code.
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members and a wide range of people.
- Demonstrates good organisational skills giving the ability to deliver to timeframes and estimates.
- Demonstrates good written, oral, comprehension and presentational skills.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Exposure to complex data environments.
- Information security constraints and best practice.
- Implementation of common data models and data migration required.
- Knowledge of market leading Data manipulation and presentation tools.
Degree, or equivalent in relevant fieldDesirable:
IT/CIS Honours Degree or Equivalent,
Microsoft Certified AssociateEssential:
- Proven ability with JSON, YAML, REST, python
- Ability to think creatively and code “on-the -fly” when supporting client experimentation.
- Proven experience in the delivery of software development.
- Experience in the design and review of software development.
- Knowledge of both traditional and DevSecOps approaches to software implementation.
- Knowledge of the tools and processes for DevSecOps continuous build and integration related to data storage and presentation tools.
- Hold, have held, or eligible to apply for UK based security clearance – SC or better.
- Recognised certification e.g., Microsoft.
- Understanding of computing trends, e.g., AI, IoT, open source, distributed processing.
- Exposure to complex data environments.
- Experience of enterprise networking and integration in the public sector, including hybrid cloud
- Detail Oriented
- Communicator and Collaborator
- Passion for Success
- Team Player
- Empathetic and Considerate
- People & Skills advocate
- Adaptable to Change