Renewable Control Centre, Whitelee Windfarm
Salary from £33,920
Bonus up to 10% bonus
Flexible Working Pattern
ScottishPower Renewables is at the forefront of the development of the renewables industry through pioneering ideas, forward thinking and outstanding innovation. Our ambitious growth plans include offshore windfarms in East Anglia with our team leading the Group’s international offshore development. With over 40 operational windfarms, we manage all of our sites through our world leading Control Centre at Whitelee Windfarm., near Glasgow. At ScottishPower Renewables, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.What you'll be doing
This role is part of the Control Centre Operations team within the Renewables Operations and Maintenance department, based at our Renewable Control Centre, Whitelee Windfarm.
The Data Analyst is responsible for extracting, analysing and reporting complex data sets on asset performance during their operational life. The Data Analyst will provide key analysis outcomes to the O & M team and work with staff at all levels within the Iberdrola business both locally and globally including direct interaction and reporting to the CEO and Senior Executives both in ScottishPower and Iberdrola to improve the efficiency and productivity of our assets.
The data analyst will perform detailed performance and asset health studies across wind farms, wind turbines, solar and BESS to identify opportunities that optimise power production, reliability, and system services.What you'll bring
What's in it for you
- In depth knowledge of wind, solar and battery storage assets, commercial operations and the systems that support operations.
- Experienced in using data software packages such as Power BI, PI and advanced knowledge of Excel is essential.
- Writing programming code ('R' and/or Python); experience in advanced data analytics and data science methodologies; knowledge of data architectures and database systems would be beneficial.
- Degree qualification in engineering or data science discipline.
- Global knowledge of the business.
- Experience in applying data driven and statistical analytics.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Own transport is essential as the office is not accessible by public transport
As well as a competitive salary which is reviewed annually, you can also enjoy a number of other benefits. With our pension scheme, we’ll double match your contribution up to a company contribution of 10%.That’s Why Our Benefits Include
At ScottishPower, we believe it’s the little things we do in life that make a big difference. From helping you look after your family’s wellbeing, save for your future and take personal steps for climate action – our benefits are designed to help you do just that - so that you have everything you need to take care of your world – today and tomorrow.
- 36 days annual leave
- Holiday purchase – perfect your work/life balance with extra annual leave
- Share Incentive Plan and Sharesave Scheme
- Payroll giving and charity matched funding
- Technology Vouchers – save more and spread the cost of your technology purposes
- Count us in – pledge to reduce carbon emissions and help fight climate change
- Electric Vehicle Schemes – to help you transition to green/clean driving
- Cycle to Work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
- Options to purchase dental insurance, private medical insurance, health cash plan and annual health assessments
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Access to ‘nudge’ financial wellbeing support
- Plus shopping, leisure, restaurant and gym discounts, and unique employee deals on travel insurance and more
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world’s largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. With a commitment to generate all of our energy from renewable resources and a drive to create the energy infrastructure of the future, we’re at the forefront of the journey to Net Zero and investing over £6m every working day to make this happen. With diverse opportunities across our businesses and a commitment to invest in our own internal talent, ScottishPower can offer people real career opportunities that meet personal and professional goals, in a global organisation.
Inclusion, diversity, and a social purpose are at the heart of everything we do. Together with our values, they bring us together into a stronger, more sustainable business with direct links to the communities we serve. It takes all kinds of people to build a large-scale business like ours, so whatever your background, you’ll fit right in.
ScottishPower is committed to providing reasonable support or adjustments in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.Mobility Information
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country. If/when required, the Company will support the employee with the necessary Immigration requirements.