Do you have a passion for all things data?
As a data engineer, you will design, build, test, blend, manage, and optimize the data. You will challenge yourself as part of a dynamic team and constantly add new technologies to your skill set, while working in an agile environment.
We practice a remote-first working model, leveraging in-person interactions at our head office, in beautiful Vancouver, BC, for strategic, collaborative, and social purposes.
Make a difference on our team as a data engineer!What you’ll do:
What we’re looking for…
- Use best practices and knowledge of issues to improve processes, designs and contribute to the resolution of technical challenges facing the team.
- Partner with technology leaders to provide inputs to the company's data engineering roadmap.
- Continuously optimize for performance, scalability, and ease of use across the companies’ analytics platforms and pipelines.
- Create and update design, implementation, and test related documentation for the engineering solutions that you would build.
Take initiative in design discussions to drive quality, standards, and performance.
- Understand how data availability impacts other teams and departments.
Why you’ll love it here:
- 3-6 years of experience in data & analytics engineering.
- Experience working with basic cloud data warehouse concepts and architecture.
- Design and help in building end-to-end data pipelines to attain self-serving objective for data democratization.
- ETL/ELT – Experience with complex data movements, including rollback strategies, bad record handling, and optimizations for performance and speed.
- Experience with data migration from on-premises to cloud.
- Experience working with languages such as Java, SQL, Python.
About Best Buy
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee discounts on awesome tech from day one.
- Flexible health benefits and wellness program.
- TFSA and RRSP programs.
- 100% matched company pension plan.
- Training programs to build new and transferable skills.
As Canada's destination for the coolest tech, Best Buy offers one of the best work environments in the country! Annually recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, our culture is one of inclusivity and belonging and provides employees an environment where they can bring their whole selves to work.
We believe in a fair and inclusive hiring process. We encourage you to apply if you may not meet all the requirements.Join our amazing team!
We are looking for people just like you.Base pay range
Annual salary: $95,000.00 - $105,000.00
Suite 102 - 425 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Y 1L3