Location: London or Bristol
Kaluza's vision is to help create a world where decarbonization is easy. Born out of the OVO Group, Kaluza is the AI platform powering the future of energy.
From revolutionising customer billing to smart electric vehicle charging, our technologies are empowering some of the biggest energy suppliers to better serve millions of customers and unlocking the benefits of renewable energy and smart devices to help decarbonise the grid. Our products are built with differentiation in mind, giving developers endless ability to extend our core capabilities.
We are an agile scale up energy tech business, but we're also backed by the resources of the UK's largest independent energy supplier, OVO Energy. (The best of both worlds, one could say!).
Where in the world of Kaluza will I be working?
You'll be part of the centralized Kaluza Data Analytics team and wider OVO analytics community where you'll share knowledge, support other analysts and contribute towards the team's methodologies.
In this role, you'll also be embedded in one of our cross functional teams which we call 'squads'. This squad will be focussed on the Consumer Ledger of our retail platform.
What will I be doing?
Data is the foundation of everything we do, and to deliver our vision we need curious, tenacious people who can help turn data into strategy and actions with their expertise.
Key responsibilities include:
- You'll package up data into an accessible source to delight our customers finance teams.
- Helping define what is important to share and how best to present it.
- Working towards squad level KPIs and metrics.
- Taking on complex, multi-functional problems through the use of analytical techniques, statistics and hypothesis testing
- Collaborating with our external customers, building out our robust data estate to enable self-serve analytics and democratize Kaluza's rich data
- Commercial modelling, creating cost/benefit analysis of proposed actions and outcomes based on a consistent value model.
- Promoting ethical methodologies across how all data is used and processed, always ensuring compliance and security is placed first.
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will have/be
- 3+ years in a similar data or analytical role, with good experience querying, analysing and extracting insights from data.
- Amazing SQL, BigQuery, & Excel/Sheets skills.
- Confidence in building and communicating data visualisations and experienced in using a business intelligence platform (we use Tableau).
- Highly numerate & analytical; able to seek complex problems and delve into the detail while thinking strategically.
- Statistical knowledge including significance, hypothesis testing and basic probability theory.
- Self driven and independent, you'll be hitting the ground running in this role.
- Proven track record engaging with internal and external partners.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - able to articulate results clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders.
Ideally you will have/be…
- Education to degree level in a numeric, scientific or engineering discipline
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment where prioritisation is required
From us you'll get*
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- And many more…
We want the best people
At Kaluza, we empower our people to have choices around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We're keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in Kaluza on our careers page and LinkedIn.