As a AWS Data and Cloud Engineer, you will provide solutions that create standards and efficiency across the ecosystem. You will build the infrastructure that allows other software engineers to quickly deploy and run their software. You will develop software applications for enhancements and new products that are specifically focused on cloud service development. You will use current programming language and technologies, write code, complete programming, and perform debugging of applications.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role:
- Inspire creativity and research in the area of cloud operations and software engineering
- Provide guidance to the team by architecting cloud solutions, resolving technical problems and challenges, and establishing and applying coding standards.
- Be a cloud champion by striving for excellence and driving improvements within the team.
- Communicate and share information that flows both up to management and down to the team
- Develop data engineering solutions with code and using cloud services; work with data in multiple formats across structured and unstructured sources (JSON, files, databases, etc.)
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop solutions in an Agile environment.
- Determine Framework for Big Data Automation
- Work with Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of coding into the SDLC
- Research and learn about the latest technologies and trends
- Be a technical and solution expert in the areas of building Big Data Management, Data on Cloud, AWS Data Services AI / Machine learning capabilities in Data Platforms
- Provide direct, honest, and constructive developmental feedback to achieve career growth
- Be a technical resource for the team regarding security, performance, deployment, troubleshooting, or testing of the full interaction the Cloud with our platform
- Work with compliance/security to ensure that cloud adoption is managed / governed following industry standards
- Agility within a large, matrixes organization
- 8+ years of related software engineering experience and hands-on with coding
- Lead the discussions and early analysis of the data-on-cloud concepts
- Expertise in Big Data Technologies.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Grafana, Jmeter
- Experience with Data base and Data warehouse technologies ( SQL, Non SQL . for eg : Redshift, Casandra, Auroroa, RDS, Dynamodb, SQL server)
- Experience with modern programming languages like Ruby, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash & Shell, etc.
- Work with big data cloud technologies like Cloud Formation, Terraform, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Spark, Kafka etc.
- Knowledge of data management and analytics
- SQL programming and experience
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.