Position Summary: In this position you will play a key role in designing, managing and troubleshooting data layer databases and transforming data into a ready-to-consume format for business analysis. The Data Engineer will design and maintain schemas used in our ETL processes. You will use your skills to work closely with Data Operations and Data Developers to create / improve data frameworks needed to build meaningful insights for business decisions. In this role you will also own a variety of data responsibilities ranging from Data Exploration, Transformation, Validation and supporting Documentation. You will bring your strong performance record, excellent analytical and communication skills as well as your ability to rapidly adapt and execute on projects to our collaborative team.
This position can be performed remotely. We have an established set of tools to support remote work success.
Delta Defense, LLC is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA helps responsible Americans avoid danger, save lives and keep their families safe.
We're one of the fastest-growing companies in America and a favorite workplace in SE Wisconsin.
Named on Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies List 10 years in a row
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace 6 years in a row
- Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work 6 years in a row
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
- Prepare data as part of our ETL processes
- Manage the review and implementation of SQL code generated by our development team
- Support our Data Development team in transforming data for analysis to produce meaningful and useful insights
- Work with our Data Operations team to architect extracted data from ERP, CRM and other data sources into our data warehouse (Redshift).
- Review current data processes, suggest and implement any necessary changes to improve data quality and Script/Data Flow performance.
- Modify and Create documentation as it relates to data structure and processes.
- Analyze data to identify potential discrepancies, inaccuracies and data elements required for visualization or reporting additional data validation reporting needs
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Advanced working knowledge in relational database design
- 3-5 years experience in writing and manipulating SQL code, preferably PostgreSQL
- Experience with designing, maintaining and optimizing datasets.
- 3+ years in deploying and implementing complex schema and data transformation solutions
- Strong problem solving and statistical analysis skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think creatively, problem-solve, and change direction often
- Demonstrates the core values of Delta Defense