Ranked as one of Ireland’s best workplaces, by Great Place to Work , we offer ambitious candidates a fast-paced and challenging work environment, with the opportunity to grow your career. With nearly 300 employees and growing, PrepayPower is the market leader for Pay as You Go for electricity, gas and broadband in Ireland.
Due to our continued growth and new oil product, we now have an opportunity for a Data Analyst to join our Revenue Protection & Billing Team reporting to the Head of Revenue Protection & Billing.
The ideal candidate should have an understanding of tools used to store, query and process databases. The candidate should be able to provide insights from the data output that has been produced.Experience with SQL, and python or similar tools would be highly advantageous.
Your New Role Responsibilities:
- Develop the data structure that will facilitate the monitoring of customer oil accounts. This will include:
o Consumption tracking
o Tank balance analysis / Stock
o Account reconciliation
- Become the subject matter expert on the oil billing engine to ensure billing is aligned with consumption data.
- Work with development team to develop the billing system and process and reporting on same
- Liaise with modelling team to develop customer oil consumption forecasts that will enable the forecasting of oil
- Utilise knowledge of customer consumption to develop data points that will be of benefit to the customers and that are presented to them in an insightful way
- Speak and present confidently on a weekly basis to executive level management on insights arising from oil data.
- Analyse Customer consumption Data and trends for our gas & electricity customers
- Assist Board level monthly reporting
- Live reporting on customer accounts status/info to be made available to front line customer facing agents
- Responsible for the creation of the workflow for billing and revenue protection agents to proactively manage
- Work with the wider billing & revenue protection data team to help develop new data visualisation tools for Electricity & Gas consumption.
- Other duties as required
Essential Skills and Experience to Succeed:
- Strong data handling & programming skills with some experience in tools such as or similar to: Python, SQL, database management, and Tableau or Power BI
- Third level degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative subject such as engineering, physics, maths, science or data analytics. Advanced degrees such as Masters or PhD’s and / or 1-2 years’ work experience would be an advantage.
- Be resourceful and proactive; we are looking for a self-starter who enjoys having accountability and ownership while being part of a collaborative team
- Strong problem solving, analysis, attention to detail with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data top down / bottom up
- Energy or oil market knowledge desirable but not essential
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Clear, concise and structured communication skills
- Ability to follow, map and improve processes
- Adaptable, flexible, able to change priorities
Career Incentive & Benefits
- Competitive salary & bonus structure
- Great career progression opportunities
- Continual training and development
- Pension Contribution Scheme after twelve months of service.
- PrepayPower Health Insurance Group Scheme + EAP with Laya Healthcare.
- 21 days annual leave, increasing with service
- PrepayPower Staff Tariff
- Fast growing company with strong market growth
- Fast paced and friendly team environment
- We are located in Dublin 18, close to the Luas, Stillorgan Stop, M50 and major Dublin Bus routes with modern, state of the art facilities
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Tickets
- Bike to Work Scheme
PrepayPower is the market leader for Pay-As-You-Go electricity and gas in Ireland. We disrupted the energy market in 2011 with one purpose in mid: ‘To give people total control and complete transparency over their electricity costs.’ Over 165,000 customers have already switched to Prepay Power (and we’re still growing!). In a market dominated by semi-states and subsidiaries to large energy multinationals, we are Irish-owned and independent.
As the energy disruptor in the market, our business model challenges the norms. We believe in a “test and learn” approach driven by data-led decisions. We work collaboratively across our teams to achieve shared goals and objectives, and we reward our teams quarterly for their contributions for achieving their objectives.
PrepayPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe and treat all our employees, customers and other stakeholders with dignity and respect.