Candidates must hold an active secret clearance.
We are currently seeking a Data Scientist for a full-time, permanent position. Candidates must live in the United States and must hold an active secret clearance.
Data Scientist – Role Description & Requirements
Our data engineers support data collection, ingestion, validation, and loading of optimized data in the appropriate data stores. They work on a team made up of analyst(s), developer(s), data scientist(s), and a product lead and everyone on the team collaborates in support of a specific CCMD. Working directly with the analyst(s) and the product lead, the data engineer identifies and implements solutions for the data requirements, including building pipelines to collect data from disparate, external sources, implementing rules to validate that expected data is received, cleansed, transformed, massaged and in an optimized output format for the data store. The data engineer performs validation and analytics in support of the requirements and evolves solutions through automation, optimizing performance with minimal human involvement. As pipelines are executed, the data engineer monitors their status, performance, and troubleshoots issues while working on improvements to ensure the solution is the very best version to address the customer need.
As a Data Engineer
, this role focuses specifically on the development and maintenance of scalable data stores that supply big data in forms needed for business analysis. The best athlete candidate for this position will be able to apply advanced consulting skills, extensive technical expertise and has full industry knowledge to develop innovative solutions to complex problems. This candidate is able to work without considerable direction and may mentor or supervise other team members.
What We’re Looking For
- Someone with a solid background developing solutions for high volume, low latency applications and can operate in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
- A candidate with distributed computer understanding and experience with SQL, Spark, ETL.
- A person who appreciates the opportunity to be independent, creative and challenged.
- An individual with a curious mind, passionate about solving problems quickly and bringing innovative ideas to the table
- 4+ years of experience with SQL
- 4+ years of experience developing data pipelines using modern Big Data ETL technologies like NiFi or StreamSets.
- 4+ years of experience with a modern programming language such as Python or Java
- 4 years of experience working in a big data and cloud environment
- Secret Clearance or higher
- 2 years of experience working in an agile development environment
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts and communicate with multiple functional groups
- Ability to display a positive, can-do attitude to solve the challenges of tomorrow
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred experience at the respective command with an understanding of analytical and data paint points and challenges across the J-Codes.