We invite you to explore a future with us at PRA Group, a diverse and growing company that has a tangible impact on the global economy.
Bachelor’s Degree required, and a minimum of 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Strong SQL experience with ability to write complex join, union, pivot, common table expression query statements for complex data calculations using time window functions in SQL.
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to complete basic business problem solving task assigned
- Ability to interpret data, identify trends, and report data findings
- Intermediate level of analytics autonomy and independence.
- Project implementation focus. Capable of project day to day oversight on task needed to execute.
- Must have effective organizational, time-management and high attention to detail skills.
- Strong data analysis capability with technical knowledge
Ability to write SQL code for intermediate query level functioning including the ability to:
- Import data into SQL Server from various sources (text files, spreadsheets, Access DBs)
- Export data out of SQL Server to various targets (text files, spreadsheets, DBs)
- Execute existing T-SQL Queries and Scripts
- Modify T-SQL Queries and Scripts
- Create T-SQL Queries and Scripts
Data Mining/Preparation Skills
- Ability to mine, clean, and manage large data sets and troubleshoot data issues identified
- Knowledge of data preparation methods: handling of missing data and general imputation
- Strong excel skills (charts/graphs/formulas/macros)
Key Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned
- Work with SQL with ability to write complex join, union, pivot, common table expression query statements for complex data calculations using time window functions in SQL.
- Data analysis & reporting using Oracle SQL, MS SQL, and other statistical tools
- Execution and troubleshooting of SQL Stored Procedure processes
- Conduct analysis to identify the impact of process changes in areas of opportunity for segmentation improvements and process changes.
- Enhance the monitoring and control mechanisms to strategy owned processes to ensure we maintain compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain Policy and Procedure documentation along with change management and testing documentation as required.
- Dig into data and raw information through statistical analysis to discover trends and patterns that can be used to extract valuable business insights
- Participate in ad-hoc analyst tasks in addition to day to day process execution tasks.
- Maintain and oversee the performance of champion / challenger testing processes as it relates to existing activities or other alternative strategies being developed.
- Build and maintain Power BI dashboards for showing activity performance as it relates to strategy processes being maintained by the department.
- Identify issues and process improvement opportunities and work with other areas of the business to analysis, report and resolve discrepancies (including taking ownership of actions/projects where appropriate)
- Partner with compliance to ensure processes are aligned with regulatory and risk mitigation criteria.
- Identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We are a drug free workplace.