The insurance space is changing rapidly. New ways of creating value from data are evolving at a daily pace. Within Allianz Benelux, we are looking for a data engineer who can build and technically drive the implementation of next generation insur-tech data products.
What are you going to do?
- Design and maintain optimal data application architecture
- Drive other engineers working on the platform and lead by example
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional & non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Give support to build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Assist in mapping data from physical to logical data models
What does the team and department look like?
You will be working within our Business Transformation Unit working on one project with 20 people, 8 of which are your Allianz Colleagues and fellow Data professionals. This project will ensure that our underwriters will be able to work more efficient and effective.
What do we have to offer you?
We believe that a good work-life balance is important, so you will have the possibility to work at least 60% from home with a full-time contract with a large degree of flexibility in how you arrange your working hours. When you will be ready for something new, you will have the opportunities for plenty of internal mobility options within Allianz! In addition to everything above, you are entitled to:
- We offer you a full-time challenging role in an international landscape based in Brussels or Rotterdam;
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, world leader in insurances;
- You will work from our new offices within city centre Rotterdam, or from walkable distance from Brussel-North station;
- A pleasant working atmosphere within an experienced and enthusiastic team;
- Development opportunities and a nice salary package supplemented with fringe benefits which differ on the country you will be based out of;
What will you bring to the table?
- You have 5 years of experience in a data engineer (or similar role) and a successful history of building software products;
- You have extensive experience in Python programming and,, Sql/NoSql DB Integration.;
- Architectural concepts such API Gateways, BFF, etc.
- Experience in deployment and configuration of CICD pipelines, Jenkins
- Expertise in containerization and Kubernetes platform
- Development experience in data workflow management tools e.g., Airflow.
- Experience with agile way of working is an asset, related to a scrum sprint setup
- Effective communication skills. Knowledge of excellent and fluent English is necessary. Dutch and/or French language knowledge is good to have.
Let's introduce ourselves. We are Allianz
Allianz has been the global number 1 insurer for years. Something we are proud of and something we what to share with our employees by giving their careers a boost. We do this by offering multiple trainings to ensure their talents and ambitions are being realized. We firmly believe that a good work/life balance is key, so working from home is here to stay and you can decide yourself when and where you work within certain parameters.
In order to make a social contribution, we sponsor the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Dutch Water Sports Association and the Belgian Athletic Association, amongst others. We are also working every day to improve our living environment. A good example of this is the sponsorship of Sea-shepherd: Join us and let's care for tomorrow.
Have we peaked your interest?
Apply now via the apply button, give a call to our recruiter or send us an email to learn more!
If you’re interested in joining us in The Netherlands, please contact Milou Waters
+316 42 55 27 69
If you’re interested in joining us in Belgium, please contact Noé Falletta
Allianz is the HOME for those who DARE! Een bedrijf dat je stimuleert om initiatief te nemen, waar je kan groeien en actief bij kan dragen aan de versterking van onze positie als wereldleider. Door oprecht te geven om mensen – zowel de 85 miljoen particuliere en zakelijke klanten als de meer dan 142.000 werknemers – bevordert Allianz een cultuur waarin medewerkers alle kansen krijgen om samen te werken, goed te functioneren, een excellente service te leveren en in te spelen op trends in de business en de uitdagingen voor de toekomst. Onze grootste ambitie is een vertrouwensrelatie op te bouwen en een partner te zijn van onze klanten zodat zij kunnen groeien. Durf dus gerust! Kom bij Allianz werken en versterk ons team.