Job Title: Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Director of Engineering – AI and Machine Learning
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
Work in ServiceNow's Machine Learning team and solve applied problems in Natural Language Processing, by leveraging core machine learning, deep learning and AI techniques. Opportunity to learn, work and contribute to the innovative and enterprise grade ServiceNow’s Natural Language Understanding and Artificial Intelligence engine as part of the overall offering.
Specifically, you will:
- Design the natural language processing components of new ServiceNow NLU capabilities by enhancing core deep learning algorithms.
- Plan to generalize, scale and integrate the model at the platform level making it available as a core feature/functionality to all ServiceNow client base.
- Monitor, support, fix bugs, iterate and improve NLU capabilities to a desired level over a definitive time period.
- Participate in data collection, creating benchmarks, etc.
- Develop innovative patentable ideas that ensures the competitiveness of this product within the domain of similar work being done in the industry.
- Advance the natural language capabilities of the ServiceNow platform.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science with 10 plus years of experience.
- Solid Machine learning/Deep learning theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
- Working experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP)/Natural Language Understanding (NLU) based solutions is a plus.
- Exposure in scaling Natural language models to multi languages.
- Experience in using embeddings (context aware embeddings/multi model embeddings).
- Solid practical experience to systematically approach, design and build a machine learning/deep learning solution, evaluate it and productionize it
- Prior hands-on working experience in PyTorch, Tensor Flow.
- Very good understanding of BERT and other transformer-based models.
- Excellent knowledge in algorithms and data structures and implementing them in Java.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, with quick learning curve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability and interest to mentor other junior engineers.
- Working experience within product development teams is a must.
- Must have demonstrated capabilities to create patentable ideas.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.