Labcorp is a leading healthcare company that provides a range of diagnostic and medical laboratory services to patients, healthcare providers, and biopharmaceutical companies. With annual revenue of over $10+ billion and more than 70,000 employees, Labcorp is a recognized leader in the healthcare industry.
We are currently seeking an extraordinary, highly motivated Data Scientist
to join our Bioinformatics team, with a focus on development and evaluation of emerging technologies for tissue and cell-free DNA liquid biopsy approaches. The successful candidate will analyze and evaluate data from our diagnostic assays for research and clinical use. The candidate will also facilitate the early development and validation of laboratory based diagnostic analyses.
This role is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Provides analytical expertise in the feasibility research, early development and validation of products and service offerings.
- Plans and executes focused analyses to evaluate the sensitivity, robustness, scalability, and other relevant characteristics of select technologies to demonstrate product specifications and meet regulatory standards.
- Works closely with bioinformatics, biostatisticians, and R&D scientists to participate in the design, creation, and delivery of analytical reports, analyses, and technical or design reviews.
- Conducts daily activities independently, making technical decisions with understanding of technical and business needs.
- Presents data clearly to cross-functional team to enable data driven decisions.
- Anticipates risks and mitigations, determines priorities, provides subject matter expertise.
- Manages several projects at once and master new concepts and skills quickly with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Monitors sample and project status, and address potential issues and failures in a timely and effective manner.
- Serves as an ongoing knowledge resource within the team and at large.
- Trains colleagues at all levels on processes and technologies relevant to project goals.
- Establishes procedures and systems for maintaining standards and ensuring consistency.
- Delivers a high-quality product and high level of service to projects.
- May act as a project team member or technical lead.
- Works collaboratively with PMO, quality, regulatory, R&D, and the Bioinformatics team to execute project deliverables.
- Other responsibilities as required for successful Bioinformatics operations.
Required Education And Experience
- PhD or Master’s degree preferred or Bachelor’s degree with experience working with large next-generation sequencing (NGS).
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and encouraging team members
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly on the job
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Familiarity with concepts in data science, cancer biology, genomics, and/or bioinformatics
- Excellent computer proficiency (Linux/CLI, R, Bash, Python, Perl, MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency in computational skills and level of experience building data models using R, Python or other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages
- Applied experience in Genomics or Cancer Biology
- Applied experience in CAP/CLIP, NY State, or FDA diagnostic submissions
- Educational preparation or applied experience in Big Data, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or other related quantitative discipline
- Proficient in predictive modeling to include comprehension of theory, modeling/identification strategies and limitations and pitfalls
Labcorp Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .