Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about using data science and analytics to enable business growth? Then you might be our new Data Scientist in Digital Transformation.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics, Lyngby
Are you a self-driven data scientist burning to create an impact by utilizing the increasing amount of data generated in businesses today? As a Data Scientist in Digital Transformation, you will be working with our digital marketing teams to deliver predictive modelling and provide actionable insights using data from Salesforce and our digital lead data ecosystem. Furthermore, you will be collaborating with our supply chain organization to utilize forecasting and other advanced analytics methods to transform and develop our decision making and production pipelines. It will be part of your role to create a network within Novozymes, to promote data driven decision making, and to potentially scout for new digital opportunities also in areas outside marketing and supply chain.
Welcome to Advanced Analytics in Digital Transformation
We are a multinational team of seven data scientists and engineers, based in Lyngby, north of Copenhagen. Anchored in the global Digital Transformation team, we work in cross-functional, agile teams together with line of business colleagues, data scientists and developers. Our responsibility spans from data collection strategies to operational data pipelines, utilizing machine learning to deliver data-driven digital products that improve our customer interaction as well as our R&D, marketing, supply chain and production intelligence. We are driven by impact, curiosity and fun and we believe in continuous learning, both personally and professionally.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Working in cross-functional digital development teams to understand business needs and identify digital opportunities within areas such as demand forecasting and cost optimization as well as analytics of commercial data, from digital lead, over opportunities to sales
- Leading the development of predictive models utilizing our marketing and supply chain data hubs.
- Providing business value by deploying models to production as part of digital solutions for line of business colleagues
- Engaging in project communication, presentation, and stakeholder management to secure support, understanding, and anchoring of digital solutions in line of business
- Act as a trusted source of expertise on analytics and data science together with the rest of the advanced analytics team
To succeed you must hold:
- Proven experience within data science and business intelligence in a B2B setting as well as a strong mathematical or analytical foundation
- Experience in digital and commercial data analytics, as well as strong general understanding of data disciplines and processes associated with commercial platforms and their data sources. Novozymes currently uses Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and source data from web logs and our SAP HANA ERP system. Knowledge on these is an advantage
- Have a MSc or higher in Business Mathematics, Engineering or similar, as well as knowledge within the fields of finance, logistics, supply chain, marketing, or similar
- Programming skills, preferably in Python and SQL
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with forecasting, machine learning, and/or operations research.
- Experience in developing and shipping data science products is a plus
- Ability to be very self-driven, to execute and deliver a project from scoping to operations and to show leadership potential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This job will be located at Novozymes Innovation Campus, Lyngby, Denmark
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: 11 April 2021, we will continuously evaluate candidates.
Contact details: For more information please contact Katrine Skeby (firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 3077 3123).
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at Novozymes.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.