What is the opportunity?
Who wouldn't want to be a part of a fantastic team of Data Scientists? At RBC, our Data Science teams offer the opportunity to leverage RBC’s data assets to develop innovative solutions in support of RBCs big data strategy. This position is an essential part to the bank as you develop next-generation applications to meet our customers’ needs. By joining the RBC team as a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to analyze, design and implement data solutions to assist all business customers.
What will you do?
- Utilize the latest technologies available, designing and building data solutions to meet business needs
- Be an active contributor to not only your individual team, but to the RBC development community
- Constantly seek out better ways to do things, new tools, new technologies, new processes
- Work on transformational projects delivering new value
- Work as part of an agile team responsible for end-to-end delivery of business needs
- Deploy production-scale solutions using the Hadoop Ecosystem, transforming statistical and machine learning models from single node architecture to parallel processing grid technology
- Use business domain knowledge to independently lead the analytics process to identify valuable and innovative insights
- Promote analytics across the enterprise to enable RBC to become a data-driven organization
What do you need to succeed?
- Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python or R
- Experience utilizing SQL scripts/querying
- Proficient in building statistical and algorithmic models with complex and large datasets, including but not limited to: supervised statistical learning, clustering, natural language processing, recommendation systems, times-series analysis, experimental design (A/B testing), data visualization, deep learning
- Ability to data extract, transform, and load processes with a variety of data types
- Ability to perform complex data analysis on large volumes of data and present findings to stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data technologies, primarily in machine learning and statistics function
- Exposure to Apache Spark, Hadoop and Public Cloud technologies, data serialization (JSON, Avro, Parquet, ORC)
- Experience with big data processing tools like Spark and Hive, GitHub functionality and workflow experience/exposure
- Experience with messaging (Kafka, Solace, RabbitMQ) & working on Agile projects
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual. Visit people.rbc.com
Continued career advancement opportunities
- Exposure to strong mentorship and leadership examples
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit, collaborative team that encourages networking
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we accept applications on a rolling basis, but please note that the formal application deadline is May 31, 2021. Should you be selected to progress, someone from our team will reach out directly to provide instructions on next steps. Otherwise, feel free to check for progress updates by logging in to your RBC profile. If the status has not changed, it denotes the fact that your application is still under review.
While there is no one date when our employees will return, we can confirm that the majority of Fall Work Integrated Learning | Co-op positions will start working remotely, however may transition to working at an RBC office as essential service restrictions are lifted.
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs