For more than a century, our Company has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, it continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Our Singapore IT Hub
Established in 2015, our Singapore IT Hub aims to harness digital solutions for better business outcomes. One of its key focuses is in using analytics and data science to guide better decision-making.
Home to more than 300 employees with over 20 nationalities, the Singapore IT Hub is part of a global network, with sister hubs located in the United States and Czech Republic. In Singapore, the hub houses a wide span of IT capabilities teams ranging from Data Science, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity & Risk Management to Enterprise Platforms and many more. Across Japan, China and the Asia Pacific region, the hub works closely with colleagues from all divisions of the company to drive our core business.
This position is part of the Company Led Training (CLT) programme which is a structured development programme jointly developed by the our Singapore IT Hub and the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) that aims to enable fresh and mid-level professionals to acquire specialist expertise for jobs in demand by the industry, especially those that support Smart Nation projects. More details here.
- Co-create with stakeholders to understand business strategy and priorities and make a correlation to requirements for analytics and reporting.
- Understanding of the business context of the decisions to be supported, helping to interpret results and ensure high level adoption
- Ensuring quality on-time delivery according to the standards and best practices methodology
- Use data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, PowerBI and/or Spotfire (experience with Tableau or other tools is fine) to design and develop operational reports and visual complex analytical models (Forecasts, simulations and optimizations)
- Analysis of data sources, proposal of optimal data layer for reporting and description of data transformation
- Responsible of definition and creation of data flows
- Ensure strong documentations using collaborative tools such as Confluence & JIRA
- Support monthly models refreshes; participant in improvement of dashboard/database performances, and identification of additional use cases working with stakeholders
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies (such as AWS) and has a passion to explore cloud technologies
- Make recommendations that aid in the realization of value and sustaining analytical activities, which seek to embed analytical tools within business processes
- Conduct end-users training & collect feedback on deliverables to perform impact analysis
- Promote a culture of analytics – an environment that places high value on using information in real-time to make fact-based decision making as a differentiator and competitive advantage
- Stay current with industry best practices and trends
Who we are
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
INVENTING FOR LIFE!
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Secondary Language(s) Job Description:
Education Minimum Requirement:
- MSc Degree or BSc Degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Information Technology (i.e. Analytics/Computer Science/Information Systems), Physics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance
- Strong combined background with dual majors are preferred, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience with demonstrated expertise in using information to analyze business performance, identify opportunities and solve problems. Fresh graduates with demonstrated Analytical competencies will be considered.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- An analytical problem solver: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work with incomplete or imperfect data, including ability to interpret and use the analytics results within the real business context
- Knowledge of tools such as SQL
- Experiences in database design & ETL is an advantage
- Knowledge of some scripting language (R, IronPython, Java Script) is an advantage
- Experience with software development collaboration tools and version control systems
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to make high-level presentations for senior executives is a plus
- Persistent and driven: Demonstrated characteristics of a forward thinker and self motivator that thrives on new challenges and adapts to learning new knowledge.
- Collaborative: demonstrated experience applying excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills working with global and cross-functional teams towards common goals, realizing that the best results come from the combined efforts of diverse teams.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: