DVSA Digital, Data & Technology
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital!
ResponsibilitiesRoles Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Please see the attached Job Description for an in-depth view of the post.About you
- Leading the build of data streaming systems.
- Optimising the code to ensure processes perform optimally.
- Leading work on database management.
- Recognising and sharing opportunities to re-use existing data flows.
- Coordinating project teams and set best practice and standards.
- Applying knowledge of systems integration to their work.
You will also have experience in and be competent in the following areas:?
- Expertise in integrating and separating data feeds in order to map, produce, transform and test new data products at an enterprise level?(Integrates and separates data feeds in order to map, produce, transform, and test new data products.
- Establishes enterprise-scale data integration procedures across the data development lifecycle and ensures that teams adhere to these. Manages resources to ensure that data services work effectively at an enterprise level.
- Expertise in exposing data from systems, linking data from multiple systems and delivering streaming services?
Designs, writes and iterates code from prototype to production ready. Understands security, accessibility and version control. Can use a range of coding tools and languages.
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of cloud-based tools and technologies including AWS, Azure and Oracle and the role of data integration and data process-flow.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to expose data from systems (for example, through APIs), link data from multiple systems and deliver streaming services.
The above experience will also be complimented with an academic or vocational certification in data engineering (or similar industry professional certification).
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
For more info on our digital transformation, head over to ourBlog
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain's roads.
We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
We're an organisation that values professional expertise. We work in inclusive and diverse teams. Meeting the needs of the people who use our services runs through everything we do.
We have exciting plans for the next 5 years to continue making our roads safer. Join us on our journey and help us to save lives.
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our ‘one team’ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and that’s why we’re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
You’ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and communities, including individuals who identify as female, male, trans, non-binary, disabled, black, Asian or minority ethnic etc.
Find out more about working at DVSA
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- DDaT Framework - Senior Data Engineer -https://www.gov.uk/guidance/data-engineer#senior-data-engineer
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits.
- a generous annual leave entitlement,
- attractive pension options,
- flexible working,
- good career development opportunities,
- a variety of career paths,
- inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.