At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Our innovation power wouldn’t be possible without our people. That’s why in Boehringer Ingelheim you will have the opportunity to develop your career while improving while improving the world’s health!
If you want to take one step forward in your professional journey in a virtual, international and multicultural environment, Boehringer Ingelheim is the one for you!
Growth together with the team as a and be part of a Global Top Employer company where you will be involved in interesting projects that which will lead you to your fullest development!
You will be part of a cross functional team working on the IU Data Foundation. Data Engineer is accountable for defining and establishing the data architecture, provides guidance and oversight to backend developers. In close collaboration with other data engineers/architects. Big Data engineer will also establish the data migration roadmap to any future data architecture. Your main duties will be:
- Accountable for driving and executing data pipelines for the EDL and CSP ecosystems.
- Leads and coordinates data acquisition initiatives from both internal and external sources.
- Take accountability for best practices on data-software solution architecture and data model designs within Big Data Environments.
- Assures guidelines and best practices for data and metadata acquisition are in place and followed.
- Ensures that non-functional / support aspects of data classification and Data Sharing Agreements (DSAs) and sign-offs are fulfilled.
- Define guidelines, best practices, naming conventions and structures to ensure overall development coherence and Take responsibility in the implementation and evolution of the data management framework.
- Provide technical support and technical guidance of Big Data solutions and guide project teams on big data practices. Works closely with ODL Service customers, Hadoop System lead and Data Engineers.
- Problem management for technical and design topics
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or similar experience.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in IT Database Systems, Pipelines and Big Data Environments and able to support Demand Management Process from Demand conception to implementation.
- Proven experience in managing data ingestion projects in Hadoop environments using agile methodologies (Driven Developments (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
- Solid knowledge of data structures and experience with integration of data from multiple sources.
- Strong focus on building reusable architecture components and modules to strive for synergies.
- Strong Big Data (Hadoop Ecosystem) and software development background with hands on experience utilizing and programming jobs within MapR and Amazon EMR distributions.
- Hands-on experience with big data tools/framework (such as Flume, Sqoop, Hive, Spark, Oozie, HBase) as well as with SQL and NoSQL databases. And experience with Spark, Python and analytic products.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry and validated computer systems is a plus.
- Experience working in an international and intercultural environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Willingness and readiness to travel.
- Communicate effectively, collaboration skills and excellent analytical thinking, open mindset, thinking out-of-the-box with innovative ideas.
With us, you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives. We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, flexible learning and continuous development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
We are continuously working to create a great employee experience. These are some examples of how we will take care of you:
- Flexible working conditions
- Life and accident insurance
- Health insurance at a competitive price
- Investment in your learning and development
- Gym membership discounts
If you have read until here, what are you waiting to apply? We want to know more about you!
Organización - ES-Boehringer Ingelheim España, S.A.