Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Data is deeply embedded in the product and engineering culture at Finning, to maximize productivity and safety of Finning engineers and our customers. The Data Engineer will be focused on building a state-of-the-art data foundation to solve real world business challenges and optimizing Finning processes across a wide range of areas including supply chain, marketing, pricing, and sales. Working alongside a first-class Data Science team, this position will be developing reliable and scalable data-driven solutions for optimizing maintenance, inventory, fuel, scheduling, and other services for Finning customers. This position will require a background and love for data modeling, building batch processes, and working with data architects and infrastructure team to build end-to-end data processing pipelines.
The Data Engineer will work under the mentorship of Senior Data Engineers and other leaders on the team and work in collaboration with other members on the Finning Digital teams, including Project Managers, Product Managers, Visual Analysts, and Architects, Software and Data Engineers and more as we continue to explore new areas inside and outside of business, on our digital journey. This position will work with machine health and productivity data received from over 25,000 connected equipment, transactional data for Finning sales and services, customer relationship data, marketing data, and public data sources such as weather and macroeconomic factors.Job Description:
Major Job Functions:
Must haves Qualifications:
- Develop and maintain data integration processes that can consume data from many different sources in many different formats
- Work with the business and non-technical stakeholders to discover and document technical requirements and understanding the core problem
- Drive the continually improvement of ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating and/or simplifying self-service support
- Stay abreast of innovations in Cloud infrastructure, Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Warehouse tools and technologies
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines
- Gather requirements, design and maintain the delivery roadmap, and deliver results
- Create automated metrics using complex distributed databases and sources
- Present technical plan to and implement feedback from cross functional teams across a Finning Digital and IT organization
Nice to have (Preferred; Not Mandatory):
- 5+ years of experience in working with relational databases.
- 5+ years of experience in developing large scale data injection, consumption, ETL, and data sanitization processes.
- 3+ years of development experience in C# or Python.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server, SQL, and T-SQL.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages to extract, transfer, and load large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Data warehousing
- Extensive understanding of relational and dimensional modelling.
- Experience working with data warehouses and the complete cycle of delivering data warehouse solutions from gathering requirements to delivering facts and dimensions to stakeholders.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating ETL solutions in the cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Experience in Databricks
What We Offer
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent. MS degree preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, other big data tools and distributed systems
- Experience consuming and creating RESTFUL API’s
- Experience in infrastructure automation/orchestration
- Containers and container application platforms like K8s and Mesos
- Networks, storage, systems architecture
- CI/CD build systems
- Monitoring systems & Log Collection / Aggregation
- Exceptional communicator, collaborator, and influencer, and enjoy working with non-technical business stakeholders.
- Comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities in a highly dynamic, rapidly growing, and evolving environment.
- An opportunity to have a major impact on large-scale architecture initiatives
- You get to work with cutting edge big data and other cloud technologies
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities
- Fast-paced agile development environment
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Company supported pension and stock purchase plans
- Extensive health, medical, dental and disability benefits
- Comprehensive employee assistance program and perks
- Flexible choices to work from home or from the office
- An awesome, fun and collaborative team!
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.