The Associate Performance Data Analyst position falls into the Performance and Insights department for J.P. Morgan's Wealth Management's Service Centers. Our teams motto is \What Gets Measured Gets Managed\ in that vein our core responsibilities are to provide a broad spectrum of services from database building and data mining, to process improvement implementation and cost analysis to J P Morgan's operational support departments. We support three departments located across the United States and overseas.
As a new department we are creating a culture of data excellence by fostering collaboration and alignment of interest. We are looking for someone with a passion for data and creating efficient reporting for Sr. Leaders to easily digest and manage business activity. In the Performance and Insights team we believe that data integration should be built to help our partner departments make better decisions by providing the right data at the right time. We're looking for exceptionally creative, ambitious, \data curious\ thinkers who can help to extract true business value from data.
Core Day to Day Functions:
- Design develop document and test data systems that bring together data from disparate sources, making it available to data scientists, analysts, and other users using scripting and or programming languages.
- Evaluate structured and unstructured data sets utilizing statistics, data mining, and predictive analytics to gain additional business insights
- Design develop and implement data processing pipelines at scale
- Present programming documentation and design to team members and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Extract data from multiple sources, integrate data into a common model, and integrate data into a target database application or file using efficient programming processes.
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders as appropriate including executives, data modelers, application developers, and business users.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed.
- Preparing raw data for manipulation
- Detecting and correcting errors in your work.
- Ensuring that your work remains backed up and readily accessible to relevant coworkers.
- Remaining up-to-date with industry standards and technological advancements that will improve the quality of your outputs.
- Partner with supporting departments to align processes and procedures. Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and plan for scale.
- Build and manage internal team databases.
- Partner with team members to build reporting and connections from data sources to reporting
- Partner with IT departments to ensure data supplied is accurate and our team has sufficient access to data, databases, and needed information.
- Shall serve as one of the key stakeholders representing the Performance team when interfacing with various business partners and leaders
- Drive and execute automation of current reporting processes via available tools (e.g. SharePoint, MS Access, Excel VBA, Business Objects, Qlikview, Tableau, Alteryx etc.)
- Designing a Alteryx workflow to wrangle messy, unrefined data from disparate sources to be efficiently consumed at scale by an automated scorecard
- Presenting a mock-up of a simple Tableau dashboard to key business partners that will enable them to identify key gaps in business performance
- Using SQL, SAS, and PYTHON to extract raw data and creating clear, actionable bits of information in response to an ad-hoc question from the business
- Identifying opportunities to create new self-serve tools to put real-time information in the hands of decision-makers
- Monitoring data output and dashboards to proactively identify potential risks or emerging trends and seek to answer unasked questions
- Bachelors Degree in technical field (MIS or equivalent)
- Minimum 4 years of experience designing, developing, and testing data / data sources.
- Strong proficiency in SQL, SQL development, and other programming languages.
- Experience in scorecard/metrics, MIS reporting or similar quantitative work experience is required using tools such as but not limited to MS Access, MS Excel, Tableau, Business Objects and Alteryx etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a demonstrated ability to think both independently and collaboratively to implement creative solutions that solve business problems, being diligent in the detail while maintaining focus on broader purpose and business objectives
- Are comfortable summarizing key information and presenting recommendations to multiple stakeholders to influence senior management
- Capacity to successfully manage a pipeline of duties with minimal supervision.
- Preferred: Understand personal investments and the function of markets or willingness to learn the Financial services industry including desire to acquire applicable industry licensing (FINRA Series 7, or 66 for example)
- Operations Workforce Management/Capacity Planning experience is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans