In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be “a” place to work, but to be “the” place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are looking for a highly skilled, exceptionally motivated Software Engineer to support a Department of Homeland Security client that is located in Arlington. This is a remote position and the candidate must be a US Citizen.Responsibilities:
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their needs, gather and analyze business requirements, perform data analysis
- Solicit business, functional, non-functional and technical requirements through interviewing and requirements gathering process. Document requirements, including business rules, functional and non-functional requirements and data definitions.
- Develops user acceptance testing and quality assurance test scenarios and cases working with business partners to help ensure data delivery meets business requirements. Collaborates with stakeholders to produce and maintain accurate test documentation.
- Design data warehousing, advanced analytics and business intelligence solutions. Design semantic layer, virtualization layer, appropriate use of BI client tools and technical components within BI client tools. Write functional and technical specifications.
- Performs impact analysis and communicates changes and impact to those affected.
- Assist with establishing design standards and best practices to optimize performance and efficiency of the data warehousing environment.
- Develop code, scripts, Extract Transform Load (ETL) mappings, stored procedures, universes, queries, reports, dashboards, and analytical applications.
- Ensure capture and publish of metadata, proactive and ongoing data quality controls, monitoring and reporting.
- Perform database activities such as setup, configuration, troubleshooting, tuning & optimization, database object creation & modification and metadata management.
- Perform ETL tool related activities such as repository and folder creation and management, troubleshooting and ETL performance optimization.
- Perform second and third level production support activities including production incidence prioritization and resolution, defect and small enhancement implementation.
- May assist junior level employees with data or project issues.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of processes, tools and deliverables for business data analysis.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of data integration, data warehousing, and business intelligence concepts and technologies.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of data models and database design and development concepts and methods.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of data architecture and development standards.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of developing ETL programs, data processing programs in a specific language for a specific platform.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of testing and quality assurance methodologies, automation, and tools
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:1. Outstanding benefits! Including:
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.
ASET Partners Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.