We require a senior Data Scientist that oversees the activities of junior data scientists, provides advanced expertise on statistical and mathematical concepts, and applies and inspires the adoption of advanced data science and analytics across the business.
- Work in a cross-functional team, collaborating with fellow data scientists, engineers, and analysts to understand project goals, interpret end-users intent and drive the build, implementation and scale-up of algorithms for measurable impact.
- Understand and use ANN''s, CNN''s, RNN''s, autoencoders, fundamental data science concepts (linear and logistic regression, SVM''s, dimensionality reduction), decision trees, gradient boosting, ensemble models, etc. to develop machine learning models.
- Formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the business''s interests.
- Collating and cleaning data from various entities for later use by Junior Data Scientists.
- Delegating tasks to Junior Data Scientists in order to realize the successful completion of projects.
- Monitoring the performance of Junior Data Scientists and providing them with practical guidance, as needed.
- Selecting and employing advanced statistical procedures to obtain actionable insights.
- Cross-validating models to ensure their generalizability.
- Producing and disseminating non-technical reports that detail the successes and limitations of each project.
- Suggesting ways in which insights obtained might be used to inform business strategies. Staying informed about developments in Data Science and adjacent fields to ensure that outputs are always relevant.
- Advanced degree (Masters/Phd) in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar.
- Extensive experience as a Data Scientist - 5+ years.
- Proficiency in R or Python, where the latter is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of SQL. Competent in machine learning principles and techniques.
- Demonstrable history of devising and overseeing data-centred projects.
- Ability to relay insights in layman''s terms, such that these can be used to inform business decisions.
- Outstanding supervision and mentorship abilities and experience.
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork.
- Compliance with prevailing ethical standards.
Knowledge and Skills
- Cloud Platform (AWS) advantageous
- Probability and Statistics Prescriptive Modeling