Position Objective: The primary purpose of this position is to ANALYZE Customer Pricing Contracts and product files, Initiate Contract Renewals and provide Suggested pricing for new business opportunities. This role will impact the decisions made when determining profitability and managing customers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and suggest pricing, make recommendations for margin mix on new and existing customer pricing contracts and product files.
- Analyze pricing trends, obtain customer, market and competitive information from National Accounts Managers and Business Managers to be used in pricing analysis and suggested pricing.
- Provide pricing analysis on changes to product files.
- Within the Proposal process work closely with business opportunity owner in pricing strategies on product file.
- Within the Implementation process work with opportunity owner in developing contract model and make recommendations on margin mix.
- Initiate pricing files for upcoming contract expiries; follow up with NAMs, BMs, PRG and Charge Back to secure expected contract renewals
- Make recommendations to Business Managers, National Account Mangers, Directors and General Managers during pricing strategy discussions as necessary.
- Provide ad hoc analysis on specific National Accounts as needed.
- Work closely with National Accounts Sales, Proposals and Business Support teams.
- Provide other assistance, as required, to the overall National Accounts Team
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post Secondary Education in Business and applied Arts
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Access; programming in Visual Basic is a definite asset
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven time management and prioritization skills; ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional business acumen and professional attitude
- Excellent team player
- Proven strong customer focus and sales orientation
- Well-rounded safety and industrial product knowledge acquired through prior experience or education
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision
Grainger strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top diverse talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all of its team members. As part of Grainger hiring process, pre-employment background checks will be required for all external candidates. Internal candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check when they move from a non-driving role to a driving role and/or a director role and above position.
In accordance with Performance Excellence guidelines, team members are encouraged to apply for positions closely matching their experience/background and that are aligned with their Individual Development Plan. Grainger is committed to the principles and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Accommodations are available on request for all persons with disabilities taking part in the selection process.