Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 depending on experience plus an excellent benefits package
Location: UK, flexible
Closing date for applications: 7th June 2023
We are looking for someone who has a constant drive for improvement and is passionate about data to help us better understand our customers and our business. The MI and insight you produce will have real impact on the people and processes within our global organisation so that we can better serve our customers. This role will not only be pivotal to those changes but will also be there to challenge how we identify them.
If you have a passion for using data to drive business decisions and want to join a dynamic team focused on improving customer outcomes, we want to hear from you. Apply today to join our team as a Senior Data Scientist in our Claims Customer Function!
Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need. What will you be doing?
Who are we looking for?
- Develop data pipelines to support the automation of data reporting
- Collect and analyse data from various sources to identify patterns, trends, and correlations
- Create and deliver reports and visualizations to communicate insights and findings to stakeholders
- Collaborate with business partners to understand their needs and identify opportunities for data-driven decision making
- Identify and implement data quality improvements
- Provide technical leadership to other team members
Who we are:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field or working experience in a data related role (Engineering, Analyst or Data Scientist)
- Strong programming skills in Python or/and SQL
- Experience with data manipulation, data visualization, and statistical analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in the insurance industry or related field is a plus
- Self-motivated and delivery focussed
- Ability to challenge and influence others
At Zurich we aspire to be one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world and the best global insurer. Together we’re creating a brighter future for our customers, our people and our planet.
With over 55,000 employees in more than 170 countries, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company who are a long-standing player in the insurance industry.
We’ve made a promise to each other and every employee; to focus on sustainable impact, to care about each other’s wellbeing, to use our diverse expertise to be curious and optimistic and to develop the skills needed for our future.
If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. Be part of something great. Our Culture:
At Zurich, our sense of community is strong and we’re particularly passionate about diversity and inclusion, which we’ve won numerous awards for. We want our people to bring the whole of themselves to work and ensure everybody is made to feel welcome, regardless of their background, beliefs or culture. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our customers, and so are committed to treating all of our applicants fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background, disability or any other protected characteristic.
We’ve an environment that places a real importance on our people’s wellbeing from a physical, mental, social and financial perspective. We work with our wellbeing partners and industry experts to provide the best advice and access to a wealth of lifestyle support. We’re also committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
We’re passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity. Our charitable arm, Zurich Community Trust, is one of the longest-established corporate trusts in the UK. In that time, we’ve awarded grants and volunteered time to deserving causes in the UK valued at over £90 million. So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.