At HCSC, we consider our employees the cornerstone of our business and the foundation to our success. We enable employees to craft their career with curated development plans that set their learning path to a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Come join us and be part of a purpose driven company who is invested in your future!Job Summary
Our team delivers advanced analytics and insights as we lead the way to improve healthcare by increasing collaboration with providers to ensure coverage that is affordable, accessible, appropriate, effective and equitable.
Provider Efficiency, Appropriateness, & Quality Measurement Program: PEAQ’s goal is to understand provider practice patterns that influence quality of care. We work to generate actionable insights to improve outcomes and support collaboration and communication about provider efficiency and quality. The purpose of PEAQ is to empower providers to deliver optimal patient care and enable members to seek out top providers.
An ideal candidate will be interested in a role working to leverage data analytics, data visualization, data engineering and data science in pursuit of better healthcare outcomes for the community. Our team works to find innovative solutions to existing or emerging healthcare challenges. We use complex healthcare data from a range of sources and a variety of technical, analytics, data science, and visualization tools to build, deploy and enable predictive models and generate and deliver insights and advanced analytics.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for using advanced mathematical and statistical methods to solve business problems, under direction from more senior staff. Data Scientists collect, integrate and analyze data from sources related to health status and outcomes for our members, characteristics of health care providers, internal business processes, and other domains. Data Scientists perform statistical analysis on experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business analysts. Data Scientists use machine learning and probabilistic modeling to construct predictive algorithms to support data analysis or product functions; they verify model and algorithm effectiveness based on real-world results. Data Scientists conduct experiments to generate and collect data for business use. Data Scientists create visualizations, interactive analytical applications and interpretive artifacts to support business application of data science findings.Responsibilities
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Bachelors degree and 1 year of work experience in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field; OR Actuarial credential; OR Masters degree in an advanced mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field without experience; OR 6 years experience in an advanced mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field.
- Learning and growth mindset.
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in at least four of the following six areas: 1) data analysis and relational-style query languages; 2) machine learning and/or statistical modeling; 3) data visualization; 4) a high-level programming language; 5) distributed computing; 6) understanding of healthcare.
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
- Experience working with healthcare data, including claims, provider information, and HEDIS or other healthcare quality measures
- Demonstrates curiosity and a desire to make a substantive impact in healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of clinical terminology/concepts used in healthcare or health insurance industry.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrates problem-solving and analytic skills.
- Strategic thinker who can effectively synthesize ideas and convey complex information to varied stakeholders.
- Experience building ETL processes and/or machine learning models in Python.
Even if you don’t meet every listed qualification, apply anyway - you might have qualifications we haven’t even thought of yet.
rAre you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at HCSC about our Employee Referral process!
HCSC Employment Statement:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.