Cowbell is signaling a new era in cyber insurance by harnessing technology and data to provide small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with advanced warning of cyber risk exposures bundled with cyber insurance coverage adaptable to the threats of today and tomorrow. Championing adaptive insurance, Cowbell follows policyholders’ cyber risk exposures as they evolve through continuous risk assessment and continuous underwriting. In its unique AI-based approach to risk selection and pricing, Cowbell’s underwriting platform, powered by Cowbell Factors, compresses the insurance process from submission to issue to less than 5 minutes.
Founded in 2019, Cowbell is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with employees across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. and is backed by over 15 A.M. Best A- or higher rated reinsurance partners.
In support of our rapid growth, we are actively looking for ambitious people, who are not afraid of hard-work and never shy away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist beyond the boundaries of possibilities.Join our team and be part of a growing institution where you can hone your skills and develop new ones in a fun, challenging and dynamic environment.
If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
is hiring a Senior Data Scientist
to join our team.
- Work with data scientists, engineers, actuaries and cyber security experts to Identify, research, prototype, evaluate and integrate research advances into Cowbell platform
- Analyze cyber security data to support your hypothesis and the team
- Build models to predict cybersecurity threat, insurance pricing and user enrichment
- Design and own A/B testing
- Mentor junior data scientists
- Be part of the “ continuous underwriting ” process at Cowbell
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics or any STEM field
- 5-8 years in Machine learning and Statistical analysis experience
- Ability to write production software in Python and conversant with AWS
- Knowledge and experience with SQL
- Experience with experimental design
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Masters or PhD with 5+ years of work experience
- Expert in Machine learning fundamentals and Statistical analysis
- Experience with NLP
Nice to have:
- Experience in Cybersecurity or Actuarial Science
- Experience with tools such as Airflow, MetaFlow/KubeFlow
- Experience with Postgres or other RDMS, Spark
What Cowbell brings to the table:
- Winner of Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of Best Workplaces for 2022
- Nationwide medical, dental and vision coverage plus life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts
- Employee equity plan for all and wealth enablement plan for select customer facing roles
- Comprehensive wellness program including unlimited PTO, company-wide wellness days, wellness app subscriptions, lunch & learn, book club, get-togethers, lunch & communication stipends, happy hours and much more
- Professional development and the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of cyber insurance, cyber security as well as continuing to build your professional skills in a team environment