In this this position you will participates in the design, built and management of large scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows.Develops large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs. Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing. Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes. Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines. Uses strong programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems. Builds data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers. Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards. Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions. Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use caseRequired Qualifications
- Strong SQL and data analysis experience; data exploration, profiling, and validation.
- Experience developing ETL that supports high volume data pipelines
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines.
- Spark. Python, or Java to build robust data pipelines
- Experience working with Healthcare or Health insurance data
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
- Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
- Understanding of data science methods and statistics
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science,
Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Master’s degree or PhD preferred.Business Overview
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.