What's involved with this role:Interim Data Scientist – Python Programmer – Remote working – PSR 1JP00035820 Pay rate:
Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status Essential criteria:
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Experience writing clean ‘production level’ python code
- Familiarity with core programming libraries in python and Python coding standards (PEP8)
- Familiarity with version control systems (git) and working with Github.
- Ability to write useful unit tests in python (pytest preferred)
- Knowledge of how to implement software engineering best practice such as a CI/CD with Python
- Familiar with working in an ‘agile’ environment
- Experience of working at pace to deadlines across multiple projects.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of being flexible and adaptable to change, remaining calm under pressure and demonstrating resilience.
- Management of private (ideally Python) packages using appropriate tools
- Experience with R/SQL - desirable
- Exposure to cloud computing (AWS/Azure) - desirable
- Exposure to working with data scientists and machine learning projects - desirable
- Experience working with sensitive or personally identifiable data and handling associated governance issues - desirable
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document.
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
ALD If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:Job Ref: PSR 1JP00035820Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.