Create and execute reporting and analytical techniques to support all business units. Compile and aggregate information from multiple data sources to create meaningful data insights to solve business problems using statistical methodologies and advanced analytical techniques. Effectively communicate actionable insights that can be leveraged to optimize business strategies.
- Create and execute reporting & analytical techniques to support all business units, including impact analysis and scenario building. Assess and validate the performance to understand the outcome & accuracy of suggested analytical recommendations.
- Serve as the analytical owner of a business function. Responsible for the maintenance of the processes and procedures and accountable for the execution and results of the function.
- Analyze and interpret data compiled from multiple sources to help drive business activities and decisions with minimal guidance. Lead communication of findings and recommendations to business units and leadership through different avenues, such as charts, graphs, reports, or presentations, in a way that a non-technical audience can understand complex concepts.
- Understand business terminology and processes, including the structure of Swanson's data and systems from exposure to data and techniques through various project assignments. Expand data manipulation and aggregation skills through advanced Excel techniques and programming languages such as SQL & Snowflake. Begin to apply basic modeling techniques and R.
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with business units through collaborative partnership on projects and tasks relating to enhancing business strategies. Effectively communicate actionable insights that can be leveraged to optimize business strategies.
- Execute data transformation processes to load data into a data warehouse or to send to external business partners and ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity with a passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.) is preferred.
- Familiarity with relational databases and scripting languages that support data manipulation and reporting automation; examples being SQL, Visual Basic, SPSS, R, or Python is preferred.
- Working knowledge of data science techniques (statistical models, various regression techniques, decision tree algorithms, cluster analysis, etc)
- Must be resilient and manage complexity with ease.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Able to plan and align priorities to match those of the broader business, be able to easily adapt to changing priorities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline, Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above. 2-3 years experience extracting, manipulating, analyzing data in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations in an eCommerce role preferred.
EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE
- General office equipment
- SPSS / R / Python
- Adobe Analytics / Google Analytics
- Microsoft Office Suite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.