The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
We are from the Data Engineering Team in GovTech. Our main role is to support agencies in building data infrastructure to manage their data analytics products, so as to support citizen-centric services that serve the needs of Singaporeans.
We are expanding our teams to scale up our work on on-premise systems and government commercial cloud. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate data engineers who are keen to work on products and services that improve the lives of citizens and enhance service delivery .
- Build ingest pipelines to collect, clean, harmonise, merge and consolidate data sources
- Design and build API gateways to expose data to systems via secure means
- Integrate and collate data sources with data systems, with compliance to data security and organisational governance standards
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, data analysts and data scientists to build scalable and data-driven products
- Understand about system design, data structure and algorithms, data modelling, data access and data storage
- Able to write SQL for databases like Postgres, MongoDB, neo4j
- Proficient in programming languages like R, Python and/or Go
- Familiar with regular expressions and scripting languages like bash, korn, awk
- Some experience with data engineering tools and frameworks like Airflow, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes
- Comfortable with DevOps tools like Docker, Git, Terraform
- Familiar with building and using CI/CD pipelines for platform development
- Understand LDAP, OAuth, API gateways
- Able to show some work using cloud technologies like Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
- Preferred: working-level understanding of machine learning
- Preferred: experience in designing, building and maintaining batch and real-time data pipelines
- No experience required