Your Work Moves People.
Goodyear is much more than a tire company. We’re a company dedicated to enabling mobility.
For more than 120 years, we’ve developed the technology that keeps people moving. From today’s vehicles to the driverless fleets of the future, we’re not just putting tires on cars; we are fueling the future science of motion. Because people will never stop moving and we will be there to help them reach their destinations – as we have throughout our history.
Get started right away – join the EMEA IT Advanced Analytics Team at our one of our sites in Germany (Hanau or Fulda), Luxembourg, Poland or Spain as
IT Citizen Data Scientist (all genders welcome)
You will be working working within the Advanced Analytics and Digitalization Domain, joining the team in charge of designing, supervising and driving data science driven projects in our advanced analytics department. Together with our team you will champion the development and implementation of key initiatives within the line of business and lead data drive international IT projects. You will contribute to the understanding of high level, loosely specified requirements and transform Data into Value for our business through integration, consolidation and presentation of the information in the most relevant possible way. In addition, with your ambition to use data science methodologies you will contribute to developing new data driven forecasting solutions in a mobility driven industry.
As a main focus for the function, you will lead the discussions with business stakeholders and translate complex business requirements into technical specifications with the alignment of our analytics department.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Liaise with business partners to anticipate and help formulate analytics driven requirements and identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions like new forecasting models
- Be a technical advisor for our team and key stakeholders on using data science methodologies, create data science models and implement them
- Mine and analyze data by using state-of-the-art methods from company databases to drive optimization, automation, and improvement of key deliverables
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes and design data modeling processes to create algorithms and predictive models and perform custom analysis
- Establish with the team realistic project plans and facilitate the application of proper Project Management principles incl. leading data driven IT projects
- Facilitate, and when needed, manage the technical relationship with external development partners
- Facilitate and lead requirement / process (re-)design workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with business stakeholders
- Showcase ability to see the big picture, understand project objectives and be able to document, estimate and communicate them to the technical team
Your experience & skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Data Science, Business Informatics, or similar technical field; Master’s degree preferred
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with 5+ years of experience in data driven IT environment / a technical role
- At least 3-4 years of experience in the field of Data Analysis, Data Engineering or Data Science
- Experience in leading international data driven IT projects is a must (working with project management tools Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience in creating data science models in forecasting driven related projects
- Knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably Python, and experience with relational databases (SQL)
- Basic experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks
- Familiarity with Data Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Azure or GCP) is considered a plus
- Experience with Geographic Information System (GIS) is considered a plus (e.g., PostGIS)
- Good understanding of DevOps methodology and automation toolsets (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) is considered a plus
- English is a must; other European language is an asset
Who you are:
- Well-rounded professional, being able to prove concepts and assumptions by identifying relevant datasets and presenting the results in a clear and meaningful way
- Data expert with strong analytical thinking and innovative mindset
- Collaborative, experienced in facilitating meetings, working groups, or large groups of people with varying opinions
- Communicative with proven ability to communicate decisions clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as good presentation skills
- Proactive with excellent customer service engagement and enthusiasm
- Adaptable, flexible, enjoying challenge and bringing new ideas forward
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.