Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Have you heard about the IBM Garage? It's a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. We use Enterprise Design Thinking, our industry-leading IBM Garage Methodology and IBM's multidisciplinary experts in full speed from the start. We design, develop, test, and deliver solutions. Startup speed. Enterprise scale. We apply user-centric approaches to ensure all features add value for the user and achieve desired client impact.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
As a Data Scientist working at the IBM Garage, you will be the Subject Matter Expert on Data and AI Statistical models and how they apply to business problems.
Led by a solution architect, you will advise on and help implement models in Machine Learning, Optimization, Neural Networks, and Artificial Intelligence such as Natural Language, and other quantitative approaches.
You will act as a key contributor partnering with clients to understand business problems and propose solutions.
You will deliver meaningful insights and predicts emerging trends to inform business solutions that optimize client value.
You will contribute to co-creation of rapid proofs of concept and minimally viable solutions that demonstrate business value, leading to client investment in strategic solutions.
To be successful in this role you:
- are familiar with Data Engineering techniques to gather, prepare, cleanse, and transform client data for analysis and AI automation, including automating data pipelines
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and ability to understand business problems, formulate hypotheses and test conclusions to influence solution design
- Leverage a variety of structured and unstructured data sources, analytics, AI tools, and programming languages to derive meaningful data insights (e.g., Python, R, Spark, TensorFlow, Jupyter, etc.)
- Possess relevant industry and/or business domain knowledge such as Finance or Health Care which you will apply to shape solutions
- Work in an Agile fashion, iterating on the design to react to client feedback and demonstrate rapid progress
- Expand partnerships at all levels of the client organization to identify new opportunities for data science applications
.. Working on S1 / Key clients in Swiss and selected accounts in the DACH Region
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years as a Data Scientist with a deep understanding of Statistics and statistical practices
- At least 2 years of experience with identifying data sources, transforming data, etc.
- At least 2 years in a client facing role, including facilitating client discussions and problem framing
- Experience with a Data Science Programming language, such as Python or R
- Experience writing applications to visualize data using open source tools such as Shiny
- Fluent in English and German
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Academic training in a quantitative discipline and/or a specialized degree in data science or analytics
- Understanding of Analytics Life Cycle and / or Crisp DM method and practices
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Demonstrable experience in private and public Cloud
- Experience in developing and delivering appropriate analytic and/or machine learning models to achieve business goals
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.