Direct Line Group is one of the UK's largest insurance companies and home to some of the best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag.What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Work as part of the Data Engineering team to uphold and evolve common standards and collaborate to ensure that our data solutions are complementary and not duplicative.
- Build and maintain automated pipelines to support data solutions across BI and analytics use cases.
- Collaborate with other technology teams to ingest, transform and load data from multiple data sources, structured and unstructured data.
- Work closely with data scientists and data analysts to implement and produce data models.
- Build patterns, common ways of working, and standardized data pipelines for DLG to ensure consistency across the organization.
Direct Line Group is going through an exciting transformation to be the top tier data-driven business in the UK's general insurance market.
To achieve this, we are growing our Data Chapter which is working with the business to build a new large-scale, cloud hosted, secure, and consolidated data and analytics platform to allow our users to work with all their data from a single trusted platform.
The platform uses the economics of big data, cloud elasticity, Machine Learning (ML)/Artificial Intelligence (AI) automation and permissioned data sharing to turn information into business insights and address business and operational challenges.
Our Data/Platform engineers are accountable for the development and operations of the Data Platform to get maximum value from data for our users.
Concerning the Tech Stack, there are many technologies that make us tick, some of which include; AWS S3, Redshift, SQL, Python, PySpark, and any more.
As part of the Data Chapter, you will work under the direction of a Chapter Area LeadWays of Working
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.Benefits
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer such excellent benefits designed to suit you as and when you need them:
Life at Direct Line Group
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we're committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we'll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.