Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
Do you want to make a huge impact on a large e-commerce website? Are you interested in solving groundbreaking research problems while impacting all eBay e-commerce channels? Does working with Artificial intelligence, cloud computing, large-scale optimization, and machine learning excite you? If you answered yes, the Core AI team at eBay is the right place for you! We are looking for Machine Learning Engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds to join us.
We are seeking highly qualified ML engineers to work on NLP-enabled services and tools enabling next-gen experiences, further empowering our buyers and sellers. You will work closely with research scientists and cross-functional NLP and platform engineers to create new capabilities from initial algorithms and out to features in our products and services. This is an excellent place for an AI engineer, you would be able to work with a dedicated team to apply the machine learning algorithm on mass of text data.
About The Team
The Natural Language Processing (NLP) organization in eBay Core AI is looking for highly qualified candidates for a full-time Machine Learning Engineer position in our Amsterdam office.
With hundreds of millions of buyers and sellers, 1.3B+ of live listings at any point of time, millions of daily transactions and billions of daily queries, eBay provides an outstanding environment to work with data at scale. We actively pursue ideas that result in scalable algorithms and systems, while leveraging the scale of data and delighting our customers.
- Experience building performant inference pipelines on very large datasets
- Experience building NLP features/services
- Experience building and deploying ML models using best practices
- 3+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of ML tools and frameworks (Spark, Tensorflow, Pytorch, …)
- Coordinate and collaborate between NLP and various Product and Engineering teams to identify problems, come up with creative solutions, and help with tracking and delivering within the release plan
- Ability to collaborate and drive best practices with engineers from numerous teams
- Collaborate closely with team members and other teams, dividing up well-defined tasks in a structured, self-organizing culture.
- Partner and collaborate with other organizations throughout eBay.
- As part of the team, you'll also share your knowledge with the wider team as well as learning about and contributing to our NLP/ML services and tools.
- Ph.D. or master degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field
- Experience in AI-Ops is big plus
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Python and C++.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Publication record in top AI conferences/journals is a big plus
- Good communication and collaboration with engineer background team member
What Do We Offer
- A comprehensive field of responsibility
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- A diverse team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce, integrity and a good sense of humor
- An excellent working environment with lots of flexibility
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay's commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM, NYC) excludes residents of Colorado, Hawaii, New Mexico and New York City.