The Analyst (Sourcing) position is for analysis of spend data at category level drilled down through business, regions and sectors. This position would be responsible for data gathering and mining from different sources (ERPs, Supplier Insight, Spend Monitor etc.), data interpretation for meaningful analysis to identify opportunities related to cost out, cost avoidance, part and supplier rationalization, improving data compliance and data cleansing. This position is also responsible for following up on identified opportunities with category stakeholders and ensure timely execution.
- Develop comprehensive multidimensional spend analysis reports for metrics related to material spend by regions, suppliers, items for different time periods (monthly, quarterly and full year)
- Work with cross functional teams within GSCM COE to create 360-degree view of suppliers for category managers
- Data gathering- Gather data from internal & external sources by working with category managers, Engineering and suppliers
- Responsible for publishing all the analysis (scheduled & ad-hoc) on time with 100% accuracy
- Responsible for acknowledging customer related queries/request to his/her respective activity with consultation of stakeholder and immediate manager.
- Find cost out opportunities based on available data using statistical techniques including but not limited to price variance analysis, linear performance pricing, functional cost analysis, regression analysis etc.
- Drive continuous improvement in processes as per the results from data analysis
- Handling large data sets logically and conversion of the data to meaningful information via conducting data exploration, preprocessing and cleansing activities
Education level required
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering preferably Mechanical/Electrical
Years And Area Of Experience Required
Graduate with 4-6 years of experience in service sector preferably SCM domain
Data Analytics experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Advance Data Management using Excel (Formulas, Filtering, Charts, Pivot, VLOOKUP, Data Validation, Conditional Formatting, Text/Logical / nested Functions etc.)
- Experience with common data science tool kits, such as R, Python etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, QlikView, R open libraries etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively in person, via e-mail and over phone
- Quick response to deadlines
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills, communication and presentation skills
- Reporting and Analytics – Should have good experience on data mining, data analysis, report preparation and presentation to project & leadership team
- Hands on experience of working on various Knowledge Management tools like SharePoint, CMS, etc
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ─ today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.
Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time