Be a part of something amazing for Western Australia
Being a part of the Horizon Power team is about building a better future for regional Western Australia. Every day Horizon Power supplies electricity to over 110,000 residents and 10,000 businesses in remote and regional Western Australia. Spanning a service area of 2.3 million square kilometres, we are responsible for the largest geographical catchment of any Australian power provider.
We are passionate about delivering customer-centric energy solutions that drive regional growth, vibrant communities and ensure our customers, including those in some of the most isolated and remote communities in the world, receive cleaner, safe and reliable power.
About the role
Reporting to the Data Science Engagement Specialist, the Data Scientist will develop and promote the use of Data, Data Science and Analytics as a mechanism to increase Horizon Power’s value and support its strategic and operational objectives.
There are currently two (2) permanent, full time Data Scientist positions available and these will be based in Bentley.
The key aspects of the role are:
- Apply knowledge of Data Science methodologies to provide solutions to complex business problems.
- Foster Data Science collaboration and innovation across the entire enterprise, including regions.
- Support and strengthen the business’ digital strategy through the delivery and application of data science.
- Liaise with and translate data and analytic concepts to a range of stakeholders and subject-matter experts.
- Keep up to date with emerging technology, methodology and industry trends.
In addition to sharing our passion, to be successful in this role you will have:
- A genuine curiosity and passion for data, and how it can be used to solve real-world problems.
- An understanding of the use of statistical and mathematical algorithms including machine learning in the imputation process.
- The ability to use scientific method in order to analyze and verify results.
- Significant experience in the analysis and handing of large data and complex models
- Comfortable working through gaps in knowledge or data to provide insights and recommendations
- Experience applying Data Modelling and Optimisation Techniques such as:
- K-Means, Random Forests, Neural Networks, Principal Components Analysis, Regression, Forecasting etc.
- Demonstrated experience with several of the following: SQL, R, Python, Spark (Scala / SparkR, PySpark), C#, Alteryx
- A strong desire and ability to learn new algorithms, practices and languages in a fast-evolving field.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both business customers and technical personnel
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Statistics, Mathematics and/or Information Technology
- AWS platform experience
- Experience with a variety of data science platforms for the deployment of AI and ML models
- Visualisation experience with Power BI or similar
- Experience with VSTS and Git
- Experience with an end-to-end DevOps cycle
- Experience in the electricity industry
- Knowledge of renewable technologies
When you join Horizon Power, you become a part of a diverse and talented team; a group of people who drive innovation, embrace collaboration, and celebrate regional Western Australia.
Horizon Power is committed to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander opportunity, Equal Employment opportunity, and to attracting and retaining the most talented employees who share our passion.
Apply now via the button below. Applications close 6pm on Friday 17 July, 2020.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior to the closing date