Data Engineering Technical Leader
At Jampp, we solve the most complex and large-scale technological challenges on mobile advertising today. We process over 1,000,000 ad requests per second, which amounts to over 150TB of data per day, across three global data centers. We rely on real-time machine learning models (with billions of features) that give us predictions in less than 100ms. If you are excited about building real-time data pipelines capable of handling billion events daily and helping scale our machine learning infrastructure, Jampp might be the right place for you!
As a Data Engineering Tech Lead you will be technically leading and mentoring the team during the entire software lifecycle including design, hands-on development, code reviews, deployment and operation to create Jampp's next-generation data infrastructure using.
If you have strong developing skills in Python, Go or Scala and you feel challenged and excited about building a culture around data-driven decisions, motivated by making an impact in a fast paced environment, you might be the new Jampper we are looking for to build the future of mobile advertising!
Jampp is a remote-first company. For this position, it means that you can work remotely from any part of Argentina.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead, mentor and grow a strong data infrastructure team, contributing on defining team skill requirements and scoping future hirings.
- Be responsible for the development of Jampp's data infrastructure by designing and building scalable distributed data processing systems
- Share technical expertise with data engineers, data scientists, and other technology colleagues
- Work closely with Data Scientists to design and maintain scalable data models and their associated data pipelines to leverage machine learning
- Be responsible for guaranteeing data consistency and reliability among all Jampp's systems and machine learning inputs
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks, and track data quality and consistency proposing solutions to improve them
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Design and propose the tools that empower colleagues across the company to access data and build reliable and scalable transformations
- Responsible for designing and implementing cost and operational efficient data infra
- Play a pivotal role in the process of moving towards microservices and event-driven architecture
- Be on top of new technologies and industry trends
- Write an unified data access layer that abstracts away regionality, underlying S3 layout, and table format technology.
- Design a near-real-time stream processing strategy to process and enrich events on the fly.
- Continue to lower the latency and bridge the gap between our production systems and our data warehouse by rethinking and optimizing our core data ingestion jobs.
- Create robust and easy to use unit testing infrastructure for batch processing pipelines.
- Build a framework and tools to establish a self-service platform for internal teams, giving them ownership over their own datasets.
- Define and lead a short, medium and long term data infra roadmap to support Jampp's aggressive growth.
- We track over 50 billion in-app events per month
- Our Hadoop clusters can query over 600 TB of raw and processed data in S3
- Our Hadoop clusters process 3000+ ad hoc queries per day and 600+ ETL executions
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
At Jampp we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds and skills as we believe that the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
- 5+ years of programming experience in Python, Go or Java/Scala.
- Strong experience designing and developing distributed systems for large-scale data processing.
- Experience leading or mentoring Data Engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience with AWS Big Data stack (Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Lambda, etc) or any other major cloud provider.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, and Presto/Trino.
- Rock-solid knowledge of databases and SQL..
- Advanced English level, both written and spoken.
- Experience with production-grade container platforms (Nomad/Kubernetes)
- A product mindset
- Experience on stream processing and event-driven architectures
WHAT WE OFFER
- Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- Competitive salary
- ️High quality medical care
- Extended Maternity/Paternity leaves
- Extended holidays every year
- A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- An entrepreneurial environment.
- A dynamic remote-first work culture with the possibility of accessing coworking spaces as needed.
- A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team. We win together!
- Work with a talented global team that you can constantly learn from! We have jamppers from ... our customers are not the only ones from around the globe
- Cool swag and team activities (even when working from home!)